PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [setting] Whip-masters of Katapesh?

theasl
2017-02-17, 02:33 PM
The only place I can find the supposed "whip-masters of Katapesh" online is people quoting the Legacy of Fire Player's Guide's description of the scorpion whip. Is there any information about them anywhere else, or is this just a throwaway fluff line? I am aware of the "Whip Mastery" line of feats, but I'm looking more for background information than mechanical information.

legomaster00156
2017-02-17, 02:59 PM
I think that would refer more to people in Katapesh who are masters with whips, rather than any kind of official organization, but maybe in your campaign that's different.

Arutema
2017-02-18, 02:53 AM
I don't have the Legacy of Fire player's guide handy to look for context, but, given the nature of Katapesh, "whip-masters" may just be slang for "slavers".

theasl
2017-02-18, 02:55 AM
The full description is this:

Scorpion Whip: This weapon looks much like a standard whip but with a series of razor-sharp blades and fangs inset along its tip, giving it the ability to do lethal damage, even to creatures with armor bonuses. In all other ways it works like a normal whip. A creature proficient with whips can use a scorpion whip. Whip-masters of Katapesh usually apply poison to the weapon’s spines.
I don't think slavers would apply poison to a lethal whip...