PDA

View Full Version : [Homebrew] D&D 5e Sorcerous Origin - Generic Sorcerer

DragonSorcererX
2017-02-17, 03:40 PM
I was thinking of a Generic Sorcerous Origin and I came up with this, what do you guys think? Too overpowered?

Raw Arcane Magic
Raw Magic Wielding
At 1st level, you gain the ability to attack with raw magical power, choose one of the following
spells, you can cast them as a Sorcerer Spell and without Verbal and Material Components:
- Eldritch Blast: The crackling energy released by the Eldricht Blast is light blue, representing raw magical energy.
- Shillelagh:This version of the Shillelagh can only be cast on an appendage you use to make Unnarmed Strikes, while this spell is active, your chosen appendage shines with a light blue glowing energy as a side effect of the raw magical energy concentrated there.

Arcane Power Up - First Stage
At 1st level, you gain the ability to innately cast one Sorcerer Spell of 1st level or lower that has a duration of 1 minute or higher once per long rest without any spell components, you can only target yourself with this spell and if the spell normally requires concentration, this version of the spell doesn't but it ends if you are knocked unconscious.

Arcane Power Up - Second Stage
At 6th level, you gain the abillity to innately cast a second spell that is different from the previous one, the spell you choose must fulfill the same requirements of the previows ones, except that it can be of 2nd level or lower. When you cast one of the Arcane Power Up Spells, you can cast all of them at once with only one action.

Arcane Power Up - Third Stage
At 14th level, you gain the abillity to innately cast a third spell that is different from the previous ones, the spell you choose must fulfill the same requirements of the previows ones, except that it can be of 3rd level or lower. When you cast one of the Arcane Power Up Spells, you can cast all of them at once with only one action.

Arcane Power Up - Final Evolution
At 18th level, you gain the abillity to cast all the Arcane Power Up Spells at-will and they last until you are knocked unconscious.

Arkhios
2017-02-17, 03:42 PM
You might want to post this here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-Homebrew-Design).

DragonSorcererX
2017-02-17, 03:45 PM
You might want to post this here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?15-Homebrew-Design).

Oh thanks, I always forget something important like this... I will wait for a moderator to move it or something like that because I'm not sure in what to do about this error (in fact,"I'm not sure in what to do about anything" describes me perfectly :smallfrown:)...

Hathorym
2017-02-17, 03:53 PM
I admire your creativity to find a way to get two of the most popular cantrips in the game, but unfortunately neither one is thematically appropriate for a sorcerer within the concept of Raw Arcane Energy.

The rest of the Archetype has no deviation, no exploration of the raw arcane magic concept. It simply a way to get more spells for the sorcerer with a fancy twist. That said, the 18th level ability is completely over powered... permanently free slots for three, non-cantrip, spells should belong to no sorcerer.

To be honest, if you want to play a class like this, choose the warlock and pick up the magic initiate: druid feat.

DragonSorcererX
2017-02-17, 05:18 PM
I admire your creativity to find a way to get two of the most popular cantrips in the game, but unfortunately neither one is thematically appropriate for a sorcerer within the concept of Raw Arcane Energy.

The rest of the Archetype has no deviation, no exploration of the raw arcane magic concept. It simply a way to get more spells for the sorcerer with a fancy twist. That said, the 18th level ability is completely over powered... permanently free slots for three, non-cantrip, spells should belong to no sorcerer.

To be honest, if you want to play a class like this, choose the warlock and pick up the magic initiate: druid feat.

Well, I guess you are right... I was just thinking of make it generic for customization... and the most op thing I saw that you could get from this are two Unnarmed Strikes of 1d8+1d4+Cha+1 (Shillelagh + Alter Self + Enlarge/Reduce) wich isn't really that overpowered at level 16~20, specially for a full caster with a d6 hit die...