PDA

View Full Version : Optimization The Classless Challenge! Build the most powerfull character you can.

Asmotherion
2017-02-17, 05:13 PM
So, my players were asking me to design a 5e based system for an Epic Fantasy Game. They will be facing Gods and Archdemons etc.

I thought of something, based on the Bleack d20 Classless system, but I want to theory-test it first, and then go playtesting.

Here are the core rules.

First of all, there exist no classes. Characters level up for their total PC level. Every level, they can pick one feature from any class to add to their own. They have to follow any level restriction as normal, and cannot gain a feature before the level the class gains it. Abilities such as Spellcasting and Sneack attack that stack based on level, stack only from the level they take said ability. They can take Spellcasting more than once, to gain access to new spells, as each spellcasting trait gives access to a diferent spell list, and is governed by a diferent ability score. Spell Slots do not stack, only the first spellcasting trait gives spell slots as you level up with the exception of Pact Magic, that works differently. Cantrips stack normally, reguardless of when they get them. Every 4 levels, they get 2 features instead of one. Archetypes count as features, and give all their benefits by default at the according Character level. At First level they choose 2 Save proficiencies. 1 from Dex/Con/Wis and one from Str/Int/Cha. Every 5 levels they get an Ability Score Improvement AND a feat, plus a Bonus Feat at level 1

They start with a Point Buy 32 that goes point by point, and starts at 10, caps at 18 without applying Race)

Based on these restrictions, please build your most optimal character.

Example:

Half Elf.

Str: 14
Dex: 16 (15+1 from Half Elf)
Con: 16 (15+1 from Half Elf)
Int: 14
Wis: 14
Cha: 20 (18+2 from Half Elf)

Lv1: Spellcasting (Sorcerer) [War Caster Feat]
Lv2: Spellcasting (Warlock, Pact Magic).
Lv3: Spellcasting (Wizard)
Lv4: Eldritch Invocations, Sneak Attack
Lv5: Action Surge [Two Weapon Fighter Feat, +2 Dex]
Lv6: Extra Attack (Fighter)
Lv7: Font of Magic
Lv8: Metamagic, Sorcerous Origin (Red Dragon)
Lv9: Aura of Protection
Lv10: Fighting Style (Fighter) [Sharpshooter Feat, +2 Dex]
Lv 11: Divine Smite
Lv 12: Wild Shape, Druid Cyrcle (Moon)
Lv 13: Unarmored Defence (Barbarian)
Lv 14: Rage
Lv 15: Reckless Attack [Crossbow Expert Feat, +2 Int]
Lv 16: Arcane Tradition (Abjuration)
Lv 17: Primal Path (Bear Totem)
Lv 18: Spell Mastery
Lv 19: Cunning Action
Lv 20: Primal Champion, Archdruid [Polearm Master Feat, +2 Int]