PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Kineticists: Master of Fire and Fire and more fire.

Nosta
2017-02-17, 06:08 PM
so I am building a back up character in case my first one dies and have fallen for the Kineticists class and plan to Take fire At 1st,7th and 15th level

My problem is I don't know what many of talents due and I am trying to get my damage nice in high I don't have the Books on hand and I normally use the D20 Site but I don't see the effects of most the talents and I need this character done by tomorrow cause there's a high chance my current pc is going to die

My stats Are STR:10 Dex:16 CON: 24 Int:14 Wis:10 Cha 8

can some one give me some ideas of what some good wild talents would Be for a master of fire?

KillianHawkeye
2017-02-18, 12:21 AM
Luckily I have been researching this exact topic recently!

You can get the descriptions of the kineticist class and all the wild talents at Paizo's website (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/occultAdventures/classes/kineticist.html).

As for what the most important wild talents are for a pyrokineticist....

Burning infusion lets you light people on fire.
Some form infusions will help you get your area of effect on, like Fan of Flames, Torrent, and Wall.
Extended Range is useful and unlocks the really good form infusions, Eruption and later on Explosion.
Definitely get Pure-Flame infusion when you get 7th level wild talents to let you ignore spell resistance.
For utility wild talents, Flame Jet and its greater version allow you to fly.
Heat Adaptation and Cold Adaptation will get you fire resistance and cold resistance respectively.
Flame Shield's extra damage stacks with your Searing Flesh defense talent.
Beyond that, take whatever suits your fancy. You can move fires, create smoke clouds, paralyze fire type creatures, burn away a creature's fire resistance, and even wield your elemental blast as a melee weapon, and more....