PDA

View Full Version : Are there more draconic invocations anywhere?

tedcahill2
2017-02-17, 08:51 PM
Complete arcane offers a fairly limited selections of invocations for Warlocks, but later books added more invocations. Are there any other draconic invocations out there?

AnachroNinja
2017-02-17, 08:55 PM
I hate to be *that guy*... But you're legitimately like 1/4 of the threads on the front page right now and they all around the same general topic. You don't need a new thread everytime you think up something related to your existing topics.

Now I'm not the internet police so I can't stop you, but it makes you seem obnoxious. If you're fine with that, carry on.

Also, check the various dragon books. Races of the dragon, dragon magic, Draconomicon.

tedcahill2
2017-02-17, 09:06 PM
I hate to be *that guy*... But you're legitimately like 1/4 of the threads on the front page right now and they all around the same general topic. You don't need a new thread everytime you think up something related to your existing topics.

Now I'm not the internet police so I can't stop you, but it makes you seem obnoxious. If you're fine with that, carry on.

Also, check the various dragon books. Races of the dragon, dragon magic, Draconomicon.
Just trying to keep my posts focused on single questions instead of one crazy long post that no one will read.

Invader
2017-02-17, 10:19 PM
No, there aren't any more printed anywhere short of maybe 3rd party or homebrew.

There's not really any good dips for a DFA either. Your best bet is to just go straight DFA and hope your DM allows you to dragonborn with a second breath weapon to pick up meta breath feats. I have a soft spot for DFAs but I think that was largely because of RP reasons. Be prepared to spend every single round breathing fire and rolling d6s. There are certainly some status effects but in my experience (admittedly at fairly low levels) DFAs are pretty repetitive.

Malimar
2017-02-17, 10:19 PM
Pretty sure no.

The Infernal Adept feat (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070613) allows you to learn a Warlock invocation (one per each time you take the feat), though this isn't usually likely to be worth it.

Grod_The_Giant
2017-02-17, 10:22 PM
No, there aren't any more printed anywhere short of maybe 3rd party or homebrew.

There's not really any good dips for a DFA either. Your best bet is to just go straight DFA and hope your DM allows you to dragonborn with a second breath weapon to pick up meta breath feats. I have a soft spot for DFAs but I think that was largely because of RP reasons. Be prepared to spend every single round breathing fire and rolling d6s. There are certainly some status effects but in my experience (admittedly at fairly low levels) DFAs are pretty repetitive.
If Dragon is allowed, the Power Surge feat gives your class-based breath weapon a recharge time, letting you nab metabreath feats with it. But that's Dragon.

tedcahill2
2017-02-17, 11:41 PM

I guess it's a good thing dungeons and dragons is a role playing game and not a combat optimization simulator.