PDA

View Full Version : Player Help BAB questions

BananaNomNom
2017-02-17, 10:07 PM
So, as most people know creatures with 6 or more BAB get a bonus attack that round. now does that apply to mindless creatures as i have seen some with a +10 BAB yet no entires have said +10/+1. Any input?

Malimar
2017-02-17, 10:10 PM
Iterative attacks from BAB apply to anything that attacks with a manufactured weapon (and/or unarmed strike).

They do not apply to natural attacks, which is all a lot of monsters have.

BananaNomNom
2017-02-17, 10:14 PM
Iterative attacks from BAB apply to anything that attacks with a manufactured weapon (and/or unarmed strike).

They do not apply to natural attacks, which is all a lot of monsters have.

So lets say I have a bloodhulk crusher (MMIV Pg. 21) BAB +10, and give it a sword does it gain the bonus?

MisterKaws
2017-02-17, 10:22 PM
So lets say I have a bloodhulk crusher (MMIV Pg. 21) BAB +10, and give it a sword does it gain the bonus?

Yes, and it also gains all the penalties associated with non-proficiency.

BananaNomNom
2017-02-17, 10:30 PM
Yes, and it also gains all the penalties associated with non-proficiency.

was just a example.

Crake
2017-02-17, 11:52 PM
To answer your question, if it has BAB greater than 6, even if it's not written down, it gets iterative attacks with manufactured weapons. The only reason it's written as +6/+1 in the class tables is to make it clear to players, but technically you don't have "+6/+1" BAB, you just have "+6" bab, and the very nature of having a bab greater than 5 (and then greater than 10 and 15 later on) is that you get an extra attack.