PDA

View Full Version : [Closed]

Xarteros
2017-02-18, 01:40 AM
As both a Player and a DM, I'm constantly trying to make it easier to plan characters out, level-by-level, with enough flexibility to simply backtrack and swap things around. With that in mind, I've created this sheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Tz2YrUdVIeMXMwAdghUpTve7EfMQj43X6U8B1dFL_HM/edit?usp=sharing

It's not super fancy, but so far I've got it to automatically factor in skill synergies, ability bonuses to various stats, ability increases by level, BAB progression etc. On the "Skills" page, there's a box you can edit your current level to compute all the relevant stats as well.

What I'm stuck on, however, is my attempt to create some form of linking formula in the BAB/HD/Skills/Saves columns that detects the name of the class and the gestalt class (if any), and picks the higher relevant bonus of the two to add. Ultimately, the goal is for you to be able to go to the "Class" page, list the classes you want and enter the relevant HD/BAB/Skills/Saves. Then, when you write the same class name in the "Main" page, it auto-updates and adds to the previous values.

I haven't entered them into the table yet, but I've got the formulaic progression of Class Saves and BAB that I can put in once I've got this main problem out of the way.

Does anyone know how to get this working? I've been trawling through the available commands all day and have yet to find anything I could understand.

The linked copy of the sheet is editable, I've got another copy saved so feel free to tweak around if that would help

I'm also open to other ideas/constructive feedback about the sheet's layout & contents in general =)

Xarteros
2017-02-18, 07:03 AM
Through random head-bashing, I found the answer.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VBfOAxk8cY4Dvv2FIGD4spP221fHyY25qoY6XphCPck/edit?usp=sharing

Feel free to save yourself a copy and give some feedback on how you think it goes. I haven't really done any test builds on it yet, so I don't know if there are any bugs to uncover