PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bloodrager Build

roxo90
2017-02-18, 09:29 AM
Hi i'm a primalist bloodrager dwarf with Arcane Bloodline. I want an advise about my build.

Stat
Str 15
Cos 16
Dex 12
Wis 10
Cha 13
Int 7

Feat Progression (in red Bloodline Feat)
1 Step up
3 Raging Vitality
5 Arcane Strike
6 Power Attack
7 Steel Soul
9 Steadfast Personality, Iron Will
11 Blooded Arcane Strike
12 Combat Reflexes
13 Raging Brutality
15 ?, Improved Initiative

I use an earth breaker.
I will change Bloodline powers of 12° and 16° level with Rage Power: Come and Get Me, Lesser Beast Totem, Beast Totem and Greater Beast Totem.

What do you think about the build? Can you suggest me other feats? What about level 15° feat?
Thanks!! :-D

Dezea
2017-02-18, 09:53 AM
Well, seeing that you play a Dwarf Bloodrager, I guess that you are not looking to optimize too much - Wich is perfectly fine, by the way, this world need more bearded dwarven glory - so i'll answer with that in mind.

You probably want to swap your Str and your Con, since you are primarly a damage dealer.
Step up is cool indeed, but you really want power attack as soon as possible. Raging vitality is sadly a neccessity, but I found that lot's of DM were quite tolerant about Barbarian not being instantaly killed by their own rage when they fall : You could maybe ask for it.

Arcane Strike is a waste, since your caster level is lacking anyway, and you'll have way more important feat to take. Improved iniative, as example, should be taken early.

For the rest of them, they might not be optimized, but they aren't useless in any way, so i'll advice to keep them if that's the playstyle you want.

If you were to look for more a bit more optimisation tho, I'll advice you to get pounce earlier than 16, to use another race and another weapon.

Anyway, good luck on your build, on sorry for my english : I'm French.

roxo90
2017-02-18, 10:42 AM
Well i always play dwarves pg... so i want to try this combination :tongue:

About Power Attack, i start with level 7° so this isn't a problem for me...
About Arcane Strike, bloodrager has full caster level... so it can be useful, don't you?

Do you suggest me other feats that better work better? For example... I think about Rage Recovered, Furious Focus, Extra Rage, Reckless Rage, Lunge, Toughness...but i don't know if they will work best.
Thanks! :-)

Dezea
2017-02-18, 11:43 AM
I forgot that for whatever reason, BL does indeed fonction at full CL, contrarely to pal and ranger.

That being said, i'll probably not take it even with full CL on bloodrager. Or, at least not with raging brutality, since taking both means one is wasted...

You could try stuff like cornugon smash, lunge, dazing assault...

roxo90
2017-02-20, 09:30 AM
I understand! I take Blooded Arcane Strike so in this way Arcane Strike becomes a free action while raging. :smallsmile:

Cornugon Smash is a very cool feat! But it works well with Hurtful... and i can't use this feat :-/