PDA

View Full Version : Feat combonation question

Max Caysey
2017-02-18, 12:33 PM
Hi... I'm looking to combine slashing flurry and spring attack, bounding attack and rapid blitz. The way I see it I would be able to attack twice on three different targets. Or attack 6 times on one target. Would this be the correct interpretation?

Uncle Pine
2017-02-18, 12:44 PM
I'd say you get four total attacks by combining Rapid Blitz, Slashing Flurry and a slashing weapon, with the following penalties: -5/-5/-10/-10.

Max Caysey
2017-02-18, 02:57 PM
I'd say you get four total attacks by combining Rapid Blitz, Slashing Flurry and a slashing weapon, with the following penalties: -5/-5/-10/-10.

Ok...

So if I only attack one target, I would get 4 attacks, with the above penalties.

But if I attack multiple targets by use of Rapid Blitz, wont I get an extra attack at each target? The way I read it, is for each standard action I get an extra attack. But wont I in effect get up to 3 standard actions, if I attack 3 different targets, for 6 attacks in total?

"Move, attack, attack, move, attack, attack, move, attack, attack, move" Or am I completely msiunderstanding the feats?

OldTrees1
2017-02-18, 03:00 PM
When using a Standard Action to attack with a slashing weapon you may may make a 2nd attack at -5
When using a Standard Action to attack with Spring Attack you may may make a 2nd attack at -5
When using a Standard Action to attack with Spring Attack you may may make a 3rd attack at -10

Seems like a clear case of +0/-5/-5/-10:
You are not using separate Standard actions to attack with the attacks granted by Bounding Assault and Rapid Blitz so you do not trigger Slashing Fury off their attacks.

Those 4 attacks can be spread across 3 targets(Bounding Assault and Rapid Blitz add +1 max target each) but it is only 4 attacks total.

Uncle Pine
2017-02-18, 03:05 PM
Ok...

So if I only attack one target, I would get 4 attacks, with the above penalties.

But if I attack multiple targets by use of Rapid Blitz, wont I get an extra attack at each target? The way I read it, is for each standard action I get an extra attack. But wont I in effect get up to 3 standard actions, if I attack 3 different targets, for 6 attacks in total?

"Move, attack, attack, move, attack, attack, move, attack, attack, move" Or am I completely msiunderstanding the feats?
You aren't taking multiple standard actions to attack multiple targets: you're taking a single standard action (and a move action) to attack multiple targets. Slashing Flurry applies only once regardless of the number of targets you attack.

When using a Standard Action to attack with a slashing weapon you may may make a 2nd attack at -5
When using a Standard Action to attack with Spring Attack you may may make a 2nd attack at -5
When using a Standard Action to attack with Spring Attack you may may make a 3rd attack at -10

Seems like a clear case of +0/-5/-5/-10:
You are not using separate Standard actions to attack with the attacks granted by Bounding Assault and Rapid Blitz so you do not trigger Slashing Fury off their attacks.

Those 4 attacks can be spread across 3 targets(Bounding Assault and Rapid Blitz add +1 max target each)
Slashing Flurry sets the first attack at -5 and the second at -10, not -0 and -5 respectively, so you end up at -5/-10 (from Slashing Flurry) and -5/-10 (from the Spring Attack line). Or -5/-5/-10/-10 if you put them in order.

OldTrees1
2017-02-18, 03:11 PM
Slashing Flurry sets the first attack at -5 and the second at -10, not -0 and -5 respectively, so you end up at -5/-10 (from Slashing Flurry) and -5/-10 (from the Spring Attack line). Or -5/-5/-10/-10 if you put them in order.

Ah right. Slashing Fury is one of the flurry-like abilities. It just has a larger penalty because it is not restricted to Full Attacks.

Max Caysey
2017-02-18, 03:26 PM
Ok, thank you for clearing that up.

But would I be correct then in understanding the feats as allowing for "move - attack attack - move - attack - move - attack - move"?

That would seem to hold up to the "4 attacks divided umong 3 targets"!

OldTrees1
2017-02-18, 03:35 PM
Ok, thank you for clearing that up.

But would I be correct then in understanding the feats as allowing for "move - attack attack - move - .attack - move - attack - move"?

That would seem to hold up to the "4 attacks divided among 3 targets"!

Yes that would be permitted.

Uncle Pine
2017-02-18, 03:54 PM
You can also divide the 4 attacks among 4 targets, assuming two of them are within your reach when you end your first part of movement.