PDA

View Full Version : Optimization [3.5] Green Star Adept With 9ths

Thurbane
2017-02-18, 06:47 PM
Is there any (relatively) straightforward way to get in all 10 levels of the Green Star Adept PrC, and still get 9th level spells by 20th level?

The less cheese the better.

Yes, I know it's a terrible PrC.

Cheers - T

DrMotives
2017-02-18, 07:18 PM
Beholder mage green star adept? Course, you'd have to be a beholder to pull that one off.

Thurbane
2017-02-18, 07:40 PM
Beholder mage green star adept? Course, you'd have to be a beholder to pull that one off.

Not exactly what I'm looking for, but that would make an interesting NPC! :smalltongue:

Particle_Man
2017-02-18, 07:41 PM
Would your DM be open to pathfinder feats?

Prestigious Spellcaster has a prerequisite feat, but can add one spellcaster level to a prestige class that lacks some (But not all) spellcaster levels.

So take the prereq. feat, then take prestigious spellcaster 5 times, and for the cost of 6 feats (a heavy cost!) you have full spellcasting as a green star adept.

You can even take the feats ahead of time, although they don't do anything for you until you get the prestige class levels.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/prestigious-spellcaster/

Thurbane
2017-02-18, 07:42 PM
Would your DM be open to pathfinder feats?

Prestigious Spellcaster has a prerequisite feat, but can add one spellcaster level to a prestige class that lacks some (But not all) spellcaster levels.

So take the prereq. feat, then take prestigious spellcaster 5 times, and for the cost of 6 feats (a heavy cost!) you have full spellcasting as a green star adept.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/prestigious-spellcaster/

Interesting option...I'd like to avoid third party if possible, but I'll definitely keep it in mind.

Darrin
2017-02-18, 07:46 PM
Sylph 3/Duskblade 2/Green Star Adept 10. (LA +5)

Phaerimm hatchling could do it with less LA.

WhamBamSam
2017-02-18, 07:50 PM
Nar Demonbinder with Versatile Spellcaster and some mechanism for adding 9ths to your spell list?

Sublime Chord won't work, as you can't lose more than one CL past 10th level, so you'd need to enter GSA from level 3.

Other than that, I don't know of any fast progression arcane classes, and GSA won't progress divine ones, so NDB and Beholder Mage cheese would appear to be your only options.

EDIT: Yeah, a Phaerimm or Sylph would work.

Xanyo
2017-02-18, 09:49 PM
Dragonwrought Kobold w/ loredrake would get 9ths. I would suggest also throwing on Spellhoarding if you have access to Dragon Magazine.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-02-19, 01:49 AM
Versatile Spellcaster + custom Runestaff shenanigans:

Bard 4/ Warblade 1/ Green Star Adept 5/ Sublime Chord 2/ Green Star Adept 5/ (full spellcasting PrCs) 3

Bard 6 spellcasting, using Versatile Spellcaster and a 3rd level spell on your Runestaff to qualify for Sublime Chord.

Sublime Chord 8 spellcasting, using Versatile Spellcaster and a 9th level spell on your Runestaff to get 9ths.

Thurbane
2017-02-19, 07:02 PM
Hmm, seems like most options are pretty cheese-heavy, or involve using Dragon/Pathfinder material.

I might have to settle for 8ths.

If I'm shooting for 8ths, what are my best options to get to +16 BAB* by 30th?

*Looking for native BAB +16, not reliant on Persisted spells or items.

Jack_Simth
2017-02-19, 07:29 PM
Let's see....

OK, if we use a nasty trick from the Early Entry Handbook (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=11734.0) to deal with skills and spell level requirements, then a Bard-4 can potentially qualify for Sublime Chord. As a Bard-4/Sublime Chord 1, start taking levels in Green Star Adept, applying the boosts to Sublime Chord. Ten levels in Green Star Adept leave you at 15th level, casting as a Sublime Chord 6. 4 levels in Sublime Chord leave you at 19th, casting as a Sublime Chord 10, which gets 9th level spells.

So... yeah, you'll need homebrew, imported feats, or severe cheese.

WhamBamSam
2017-02-19, 07:55 PM
Probably something like Duskblade 5/GSA 4/Warrior Skald 1/Sublime Chord 2/GSA+6/Abjurant Champ 4. With all the lost caster levels from GSA you won't be able to qualify for NDB on time and Kobold Battle Sorcerer won't quite make it without fractional BAB.

Venger
2017-02-20, 12:22 AM
Hmm, seems like most options are pretty cheese-heavy, or involve using Dragon/Pathfinder material.

I might have to settle for 8ths.

If I'm shooting for 8ths, what are my best options to get to +16 BAB* by 30th?

*Looking for native BAB +16, not reliant on Persisted spells or items.

you could try an illumian using extra spell alongside the fortress of disciplined enlightenment planar touchstone.

while it's probably not what you're looking for, a mulan divine crusader with southern magician would be able to access 8s or 9s, albeit only one (unless you played around with substitute domain by accessing that somehow, possibly in addition to revering the sovereign host.)

Thurbane
2017-02-20, 12:56 AM
I supposed another cheese-filled option is to go Wizard 2, get some kind of lycanthropy that boosts BAB by +2 (say, Black Bear), launch into GSA, then get cured of lycanthropy once I get to GSA 3...

I could then look at something like Wizard 2/Lycanthrope 3/GSA 6/Abjurant Champion 5/Dragonslayer 1/Spellsword 1/GSA +4/X 1

I'd need another full BAB +1 CL class to finish with...

Inevitability
2017-02-20, 01:08 AM
Savage Bard 5/Ur Priest 5/Green Star Adept 10?

Use Southern Magician to make Ur Priest count as your 'arcane casting class' (questionably legal, I know), then advance it with GSA.

Thurbane
2017-03-03, 05:07 AM
Nar Demonbinder with Versatile Spellcaster and some mechanism for adding 9ths to your spell list?

I think that's a winner!

Wizard 8/Nar Demonbinder 2/Green Star Adept 10

Take a Bloodline feat of your choice, combine it with Versatile Spellcaster/Heighten Spell, and you can punch out 9ths using your Nar Demonbinder slots!

Build can probably be refined. Wizard seemed the best option for the ND skill reqs, but if you can do it with a Cha based caster instead, you'll be a lot less mad.

Maybe (Battle) Sorcerer 8, using Knowledge Devotion and/or Able learner to help with the skill reqs of the PrCs.