PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next 9 Subclasses inspired by Team Fortress 2

JRDS
2017-02-19, 12:02 AM
Here are 9 subclasses, all for different classes, based on the characters in Team Fortress 2 (http://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/HJcypqQ3). This is a homebrewery link, so please be aware that if you don't use Chrome there may be formatting issues. All feedback is appreciated and will be responded to. :)

Roderick_BR
2017-02-19, 04:03 PM
I rushed through it, but at the most part, I loved it, even if some subclasses werent what I expected (like Medic being a Sorcerer), but the adaptation of most abilities to D&D mechanics works fine to me.

Btw, I died at the Jarate thing. lol

My only real critiques is that Heavy's cap sounds a bit weird to me, dunno why yet.
Demoman seems more focused on Demoknight than explosive stuff.
Medic's ubercharge should be just action, not bonus or reaction. It already affects the whole group, unlike the original game, so it's not much a downgrade.

JRDS
2017-02-19, 04:55 PM
I rushed through it, but at the most part, I loved it, even if some subclasses werent what I expected (like Medic being a Sorcerer), but the adaptation of most abilities to D&D mechanics works fine to me.

Btw, I died at the Jarate thing. lol

My only real critiques is that Heavy's cap sounds a bit weird to me, dunno why yet.
Demoman seems more focused on Demoknight than explosive stuff.
Medic's ubercharge should be just action, not bonus or reaction. It already affects the whole group, unlike the original game, so it's not much a downgrade.

Thank you for your feedback! If you ever figure out why the Heavy's capstone feels weird please let me know. :)

Demoman is definitely more focused on demoknight, it's true. Through an invocation included after his entry however, is an eldritch blast modification that mimics his sticky launcher. I'm not sure how to expand beyond that without making anything too overpowered. If you have ideas I'm open to them.

The Medic's ubercharge only affects him and one ally, not the whole group.

"When you reach 14th level, you can choose to give yourself and one of your allies within 30 ft. immunity to all damage until the beginning of your next turn."