PDA

View Full Version : What is the most luxurious place you've gamed in?

Jon_Dahl
2017-02-19, 04:59 AM
I just realized that my apartment, which is located right in the heart of the city center of the most beautiful city of my country, has just been granted a five-star rating in Airbnb. My apartment has about two dozen reviews at the moment. We have regularly played D&D in my apartment since 2011, so I don't know if my players should start kissing my feet, really... People pay good money for my apartment and I get 5-star ratings, and these guys get to play there for free and make a mess :smalltongue:

What about you guys?

LeSwordfish
2017-02-19, 05:04 AM
as it happens MY apartment has a 6-star rating and we've been gaming there since 2010. so i win.

Razade
2017-02-19, 05:07 AM
My condo has the max ten star rating and we've been gaming since 1986. Can't be beat.

Jon_Dahl
2017-02-19, 05:31 AM
as it happens MY apartment has a 6-star rating and we've been gaming there since 2010. so i win.

Which website is this?

Aedilred
2017-02-19, 05:42 AM
My house has a million-star rating and we've been gaming there since 1912.

I WIN.

I wouldn't call anywhere I've ever gamed "luxurious", per se. My parents' house, where I played a bit in years gone by, is pretty nice, and a friend of mine has a nice house now where we sometimes play boardgames. Otherwise... eh. So long as the place is comfortable and sufficiently spacious, "luxury" is kind of beside the point, in my experience.

LeSwordfish
2017-02-19, 05:58 AM
Which website is this?

one better than airbnb

Asmodean_
2017-02-19, 08:08 AM
::points to three trillion star rating and sign saying "founded in 1844"::

Jormengand
2017-02-19, 11:24 AM

I didn't know my house was that luxurious. Or that old.

Somensjev
2017-02-19, 03:24 PM
I don't know where this thread went, and I only have vague ideas as to wh

On topic: I've only really gamed at a couple places: the nearest high school (when I was there), a couple friends houses (just typical 2/3 bedroom, nothing special), the local game store, and a rather impressive public library

None of which are truly luxurious

TechnOkami
2017-02-20, 06:09 AM
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/016/986/xl1XYq8.jpg

In terms of luxury... hm... by my house is this place called AFK Gamer Lounge. Think sports bar for gamers, with Twitch streams instead of sports. Downstairs is an internet cafe with a variety of games pre-loaded onto them, not to mention the wide plethora of consoles strewn throughout, both upstairs and downstairs.

Gnomvid
2017-02-20, 08:44 AM
I just realized that my apartment, which is located right in the heart of the city center of the most beautiful city of my country, has just been granted a five-star rating in Airbnb. My apartment has about two dozen reviews at the moment. We have regularly played D&D in my apartment since 2011, so I don't know if my players should start kissing my feet, really... People pay good money for my apartment and I get 5-star ratings, and these guys get to play there for free and make a mess :smalltongue:

What about you guys?

A 5 star rating on airbnb does not necessarily imply luxury in any way, please define what makes your flat luxurious then we can start making comparisons.

Jon_Dahl
2017-02-20, 09:20 AM
A 5 star rating on airbnb does not necessarily imply luxury in any way, please define what makes your flat luxurious then we can start making comparisons.

Two things, basically: a wonderful host (that's me) and a great apartment.
The general experience, accuracy, communication, location and value are all five stars. Cleanliness is 4½ stars. If the "the general experience" is five stars, then it has to be great.

gooddragon1
2017-02-20, 09:31 AM

Beats mine with a 9001 rating :(, though mine was founded in 1337.

Aedilred
2017-02-20, 10:27 AM
Beats mine with a 9001 rating :(, though mine was founded in 1337.

Don't be ridiculous; wargames weren't invented until 1913. Little Wars was playtested at my house, hence why we started slightly earlier.

Although given that H.G. Wells had a time machine, I suppose it's not impossible he could have travelled back to 1337 and played a game or two, but presumably on his own.

Fishybugs
2017-02-20, 01:58 PM
Speaking of Wells...

Verne and Wells (www.vnw.club)

This is a pretty nice place to game.

Additionally when I was in high school, the family of one of my gaming buddies owned a local burger place and we'd go there after they closed and cook up a bunch of stuff and game until daylight. That was fun.

Gnomvid
2017-02-21, 03:04 AM
Two things, basically: a wonderful host (that's me) and a great apartment.
The general experience, accuracy, communication, location and value are all five stars. Cleanliness is 4½ stars. If the "the general experience" is five stars, then it has to be great.

Well in that case my place, my friends places and various pubs all register under the top score category, so in my case a number of places in several countries in fact.