PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Harleen quinzel dnd 5th eddition i need help

Sariel Vailo
2017-02-19, 09:11 PM
what class shouldshe be and ifshe shoould multiclass.

Nishant
2017-02-19, 10:24 PM
Sage background thanks to her pre-criminal history, perhaps arcane trickster, or an eldritch knight, given the mallet that is usually linked with her. At least that's what comes to mind

CursedRhubarb
2017-02-19, 10:47 PM
Tough character to nail down in D&D, but I think you could pull her off with the new UA Hexblade Bladepact Warlock. If you change the Cursebringer Invocation to a Maul rather than a greatsword you'd get her hammer. Same damage die, just bludgeoning instead of slashing and it fits theme.

Stats would be rough but perhaps probably be Cha, Str, Int priority, dump Wis and Con, keep Dex up best you can? (I know dumping Con is a terrible idea but HQ has never been a tanky one, she's better at avoiding hits than taking them and she's a bit ADHD so her concentration might not be the best
But if she can avoid hits it won't be so bad for Con spells.)

Str to keep the hammer damage up and all her bats, knives and other melee toys would go off her Cha. Int because she's crazy smart.

Guns she uses can be Eldritch Blast.

For spells, fire and llusion spells would be great but also stock up on Alchemist Fire and Acid Vials.

djreynolds
2017-02-20, 03:31 AM
Bard, college of satire

Finback
2017-02-20, 04:18 AM
Another big question is, what incarnation of HQ are you striving for? BTAS> Arkham games? SS film?

I agree with the bard notion, overall.

Sariel Vailo
2017-02-20, 08:18 AM
either classic quinn in jester suit or. Injustice.. but i thought of a fighter or barbarian multclassing with a warlock.
fighter due to armor. barbarian un armored meaning jester suit but. criminal background id take/or entertainer.
her int had to be higher than average her charisma not using point buy maybe.
Str,16 DEX,18,CON,14,INT15,WIS12,CHA16. With human varian i never use human so what strarter feat for her.
great weapon mastery maybe.just read the earlkier posts she is good at dodging atacks and using her hands as a weapon she is flexible maybe monk dump

Tiwanoz
2017-02-20, 05:12 PM
Kensai Monk maybe? Flexible/dodging character, Kensai allows you to use a Maul/Mallet.

Sariel Vailo
2017-02-20, 05:37 PM
Kensai Monk maybe? Flexible/dodging character, Kensai allows you to use a Maul/Mallet.

i dont know its worth experimenting

Talionis
2017-02-27, 10:54 PM

I also would suggest Kensai Monk.

Sariel Vailo
2017-02-28, 11:10 AM
I also would suggest Kensai Monk.

it handles aspect a just not b.gadgets and the hammerspace.

Thrudd
2017-02-28, 11:35 AM
Since the DC/Batman Universe is nothing at all like D&D, what is it about Harley that you want to emulate in your character? What, to you, defines "Harley"? As I see it, In her own (DC) universe, she's an insane person who's fighting style is mostly "being crazier than you" with a baseball bat or some other bludgeoning object. She is trained as a psychologist and knows how to get into people's heads. None of those things really apply to D&D mechanics. If you're just talking about how she looks, you can make any character you want, just say that she looks like Harley Quinn. She doesn't know any sort of magic, certainly.
The best you could do to replicate that in D&D is make her a fighter or maybe frenzy barbarian, with high charisma and a background that gives her a couple social skill proficiencies. one of her weapons should be a club or great club.

Unoriginal
2017-02-28, 11:38 AM
Harley would be a Rogue.

Sariel Vailo
2017-02-28, 11:51 AM
its a debate but i was trying to build it mechanicaly she has no magic yes. but unless a high magic or tech worlds bein played her gun, but hold on tight outfits where does she pull out that gear. its the hammerspace im trying to figure out i know the
classes ill try to see whuch fit best. but its really background and the issue of the hammerspace

Unoriginal
2017-02-28, 01:20 PM
Harley doesn't have hammerspace.

For Background, give her Sage or Entertainer, depending on which aspect of her you want to emphasis.

Anderlith
2017-02-28, 01:33 PM
Criminal Background
Wood Elf
Kensai Monk with a Maul & throwing daggers
Skills in Medicine

Geodude6
2017-02-28, 01:41 PM
You could probably go Valor Bard and possibly multiclass with Hexblade Warlock. HQ is not particularly strong in terms of muscle power, and her fighting style revolves around generally being crazier than you. People have already suggested using a Maul as her weapon, but if you go Hexblade I'd recommend using a Warhammer instead so that her attacks can key off of her charisma.

Edit: Also, your lack of punctuation and capitalization is giving me an aneurysm.

Sariel Vailo
2017-02-28, 02:33 PM
You could probably go Valor Bard and possibly multiclass with Hexblade Warlock. HQ is not particularly strong in terms of muscle power, and her fighting style revolves around generally being crazier than you. People have already suggested using a Maul as her weapon, but if you go Hexblade I'd recommend using a Warhammer instead so that her attacks can key off of her charisma.this i might try ill look at testing out a couple of these