PDA

View Full Version : Computer Mage Knight: Apocalypse

Kesnit
2017-02-20, 08:50 AM
I recently saved up enough to buy some new hard drives for my PC, and went from 1.5 TB to 4 TB. With the drastic increase in space, I am reinstalling some old games that I have not been able to play in a long time. Most of my games are on Steam or GOG, so reinstalling was easy. However, I have a few that I only have CDs for. One of them is the subject game. I've gotten all the others to run (finally), but MK:A just will not work. I found and installed the patches. I'm running as an administrator. I've tried compatibility mode for WIN 95, WIN 98, and WIN XP. (I run WIN 10, but also could not get the game to run in WIN 7.) It isn't that the game starts and then crashes - it just doesn't start.

I've searched Steam and GOG, but neither has the game. Does anyone know somewhere else I can buy a version of the game that will run? Can anyone think of something else I can try to get the game to run on my system?

Aeson
2017-02-21, 08:44 PM
You might try running it in a virtual machine rather than in compatibility mode. Sometimes that works better, or works when compatibility mode does not.