PDA

View Full Version : Working on a piper bardic character

Westhart
2017-02-20, 09:24 AM
Ok, so I am working on a character who has a main focus on bard but also has ranger and either rogue or scout (undecided) levels thrown in. So:
Are there feats similar to ascetic hunter, but allows scout/rogue, ranger, and bard abilities to stack? Such as increased bard music and abilities, increased animal companion benefits, increased skirmish/sneak attack?

KillianHawkeye
2017-02-20, 04:13 PM
As far as I know, the only one of those feats for a bard is to combine levels with paladin.

ExLibrisMortis
2017-02-20, 04:42 PM
This sounds like the perfect start to become a Fochlucan Lyrist. It's a prestige class that combines druid and bard. Before we continue, however: what, exactly, are you looking to get out of a rogue/bard/ranger?

Song of the White Raven allows you to combine warblade and crusader with bard. Devoted Performer stacks paladin and bard. Swift Hunter stacks scout and ranger. Getting more than one of these usually means you're spreading yourself quite thinly.

DrMotives
2017-02-20, 06:54 PM
This makes me wonder; is there such a thing as a blowgun that doubles as a musical pipe? Signature weapon of the pied bard assassin of Hamlin.

Westhart
2017-02-21, 08:17 AM
[stops laughing at the above comment] Actually, I think one of the assassin's my DM had used one, not sure if he was from Hamlin or not...:smallwink:
Anyhow, I am thinking, swift hunter as mentioned above (so choosing scout instead of rogue) and had heavy emphasis on bard, thus asking if there was anything that could combine the bards levels in. Well, she is a piper (half satyr/elf from bastards and bloodlines) so the bard is a racial thing, then working her backstory the ranger/scout is for tracking the people who killed somebody, although she is secretly working for the harpers... :smallbiggrin:

ExLibrisMortis
2017-02-21, 01:51 PM
Fochlucan Lyrists are explicitly rogue/druid/bard multiclassers that act as spies, heralds, diplomats, and assassins. Sadly, the class doesn't advance Swift Hunter, doesn't allow easy scout entry, and you can't enter until 10th level. However, if you'll allow, it's possible to houserule some things here and there, and finagle your way in.

A druid is not a ranger by default, but there are lots of druid ACFs: Druidic Avenger and Swift and Deadly Hunter, for instance. The latter grants Favoured Enemy. Use that to qualify for Swift Hunter, swap the scout's Evasion (default level 5) and Uncanny Dodge (default level 2), and you can qualify for FL as a scout 3/bard 1/druid 1/arcane hierophant 5/FL X. Trade AH & FL class features for bardic music & Swift Hunter progression (note: balance here is maintained by lost caster levels & lost Wild Shape), and you're sitting on 16th-level dual druid/bard casting and 16th-level bardic music. If that's too powerful, replace the AH/FL full divine casting with 11/15 casting, limiting the druid casting to 6ths, like the bard.

Westhart
2017-02-22, 08:20 AM
Thanks a lot for all the help guys :smallsmile: