PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder help with character concept

Kahlendrrari
2017-02-20, 11:28 AM
I have been bouncing a character concept around for a few days of an arcane eldritch scion with a bit of undead taint in their blood. Arcane bloodrage and the greater abilities thereof seem better than most of the bloodrager's other bloodline abilities, and they last as long as the character is in the state of mystic focus. The character is a dhampir, and I had planned on using the VMC rules for a sorcerer with the ghoul bloodline, but now that I have re-read the rules for eldritch scion's bloodlines, apparently I can't take it. I know that eldritch heritage can give me the same thing for about the same feat investment, but everything comes online later.

Anyways, assuming I can get around the bloodline limitations, are there any ways to be able to extend the duration of the ghoul bloodlines claw abilities aside from just pumping charisma to astronomical figures?

While I don't want to go for a straight up natural attack build, I kind of want to have the claws available for more than just a few rounds a day, and would like to some how go about making the attack and damage Dex based. (I know weapon finesse will help with the attack roll.)

I'm sure I will have more questions down the road, but for now any help will be greatly appreciated.

Geddy2112
2017-02-20, 12:24 PM
Unfortunately, you only get 3+CHA mod for claws. Having a 20 cha gets you 2 combats(most combats average 4 rounds) of just using your claws, but assuming you won't use them as every action in combat and spend 1-2 casting or whatnot, you can probably get claws for 4 combats a day, which should cover you.

You will need the magus arcana to use your spellstrike through your claws, which also makes it a subpar option. Again, the paralysis is nice as a backup but you can generally do more through just melee and spell combat.

Kahlendrrari
2017-02-20, 03:40 PM
From what I have read (unless it's changed, and I didn't find it.) you only need the special arcana if you want to spellstrike through something that isn't a hand, or hand like, such as a bite, gore, or something along those lines. I think there is a FAQ that ruled that the white hair hex could even qualify for spellstrike without any special arcana.

Alas, it doesn't look good for the character I want to create, as the more I read into the ghoul bloodline the more I want to use the claws as the main weapons.