PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder unusual skillmonkey

Mage keeper
2017-02-21, 09:30 AM
Can someone tell me what are the most important skill for a skill monkey? I'm trying to ma a fighter skill monkey and i need to know, and yes i know that fighter isan awful class for skill monkey but that the fun part :smallsmile:

Gusmo
2017-02-21, 09:32 AM
Perception is probably the best skill in the game.

Geddy2112
2017-02-21, 09:37 AM
There is no single most important skill, but Use Magic Device might be the most versatile.

The most important skills are(in no particular order)
Perception
Use Magic Device
Social Skills(Bluff, Dipolmacy, Intimidate, Sense motive, and to a lesser extent disguise)
Disable Device
The big 4 knowledges (arcana, nature, planar, religion)
Spellcraft(although less important than those listed above)

The rest are either situational to a build(acrobatics, sleight of hand, stealth), are fully functional with only a couple of ranks(survival), or are outright useless(appraise)

Stealth Marmot
2017-02-21, 09:44 AM
Which game?

Psyren
2017-02-21, 10:24 AM
Which game?

This is an important question - in Pathfinder, Fighters can actually be pretty decent at skills due to things like Lore Warden and/or Advanced Weapon Training.

Stealth Marmot
2017-02-21, 10:27 AM
This is an important question - in Pathfinder, Fighters can actually be pretty decent at skills due to things like Lore Warden and/or Advanced Weapon Training.

Not to mention Pathfinder reduced the skill list by 10 or so, mostly by combining skills together.

Tuvarkz
2017-02-21, 12:18 PM
I've always assumed it was Disable Device+a way to disable magical traps since everyone levels perception, the party face takes the socials, the int character takes the most knowledges+spellcraft and often has a spell list so UMD isn't necessary that often.

Particle_Man
2017-02-21, 01:34 PM
It can be situational to the setting/campaign too. In a "low level crapsack world where you start with almost nothing" the ability to *get food* from Survival might give it more importance.

OldTrees1
2017-02-21, 01:45 PM
Can someone tell me what are the most important skill for a skill monkey? I'm trying to ma a fighter skill monkey and i need to know, and yes i know that fighter is an awful class for skill monkey but that the fun part :smallsmile:

Spot or Listen (ideally both but there is significant overlap)

Search & Disable Device (not just for traps)

Bluff, Intimidate, Sense Motive (Diplomacy is valuable but can be last)

Move Silently (Hide can be just as important, or irrelevant depending on the situation)

Gather Information

Knowledge (if possible, but unlikely)

If you are getting 4+Int as a Fighter(default is 2+Int), then you need 18 Int for max ranks.