PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Powerful builds.

Sans.
2017-02-21, 12:51 PM
I'm not looking for flavor right now, just pure minmax.
Examples:
Barbarian 2/Rogue X: Sneak Attack on every attack made with advantage: Reckless Attack gives every attack advantage.
Warlock 2/Wizard X: Be an Abjurer, pick Armour of Shadows as one of your Warlock invocations, then spam Mage Armour to recharge Arcane Ward.
Thoughts?

EDIT: Point-buy, combat and skills, level 3-17.

Specter
2017-02-21, 01:22 PM
I believe real op huilds should cover as many situations as possible, without being narrowed down. If that barbarian you mentioned has to fight a flying enemy, for instance, he's toast.

I believe the most all-around good build is Fighter 1/Abjurer X: full melee potential with all the caster goodness. But I'm not the best at this stuff.

Drackolus
2017-02-21, 01:26 PM
Fiend/draconic sorlock, just using phb options. Grab tome for rituals, shillelagh, and a familiar. Go warlock 2, sorc 3, war 3, sorc 6, then whatever you want after that.
Or just be a lore bard.

Citan
2017-02-21, 01:28 PM
I'm not looking for flavor right now, just pure minmax.
Examples:
Barbarian 2/Rogue X: Sneak Attack on every attack made with advantage: Reckless Attack gives every attack advantage.
Warlock 2/Wizard X: Be an Abjurer, pick Armour of Shadows as one of your Warlock invocations, then spam Mage Armour to recharge Arcane Ward.
Thoughts?
Hi!

I suggest you change your title slightly: there is no real OP build (apart arguably Druid 20, Wizard with Wish trick, or multiclass Sorcerer/Warlock for "pseudo-infinite slot conversion" trick).

Those you presented especially are no OP by far, especially without magic items. First is MAD (you still want decent DEX for Armor, and WIS is never to be neglected), even if you use finesse weapon with Strength. And it's only while you rage, 2 mn in a day.
So, it's very good (although I would personally push Barbarian higher ;)), but no OP by far.

Second is taking your action to just regain 2HP on your Ward. Strictly (and greatly) inferior to just taking False Life which provides essentially the same effect (cushion HP) except better, with 1d4+4.
Or just spamming Shield.
Both being available as "free spells" to any Wizard, including Abjurer, at 18th level (at which point it really does not make any difference anyways).
So it's theorically a nice trick to enhance survivability for Wizard's low levels, but imo useless in practice (if you are in that much danger, you'd better use your action to try an "escape" spell or just Dash away).

Sorry to break it ^^

Sir cryosin
2017-02-21, 01:48 PM
This is a one trick pony.
Fighter 2 for action surge
Warlock 2 for agonizing blast in Eldridge spear
Sorcerer 16 for quicken meta magic
The trick is bonuses action hex then Eldritch blast.
Round two quicken scorching Ray at whatever spell slot you want then Eldritch blast. Then action surge for scorching Ray again.

If you can't scorching Ray you can Eldritch blast. Oh I forgot 3 levels of assassin rogue for that surprise critical.

Spectre9000
2017-02-21, 02:04 PM
Round two scorching Ray at whatever spell slot you want then quicken Eldritch blast. Then action surge for scorching Ray again.

If you can't scorching Ray you can Eldritch blast. Oh I forgot 3 levels of assassin rogue for that surprise critical.

You can only cast a cantrip when you cast a spell as a bonus action, meaning you can't scorching ray if you quicken EB.

Hi!

I suggest you change your title slightly: there is no real OP build (apart arguably Druid 20, Wizard with Wish trick, or multiclass Sorcerer/Warlock for "pseudo-infinite slot conversion" trick).

Those you presented especially are no OP by far, especially without magic items. First is MAD (you still want decent DEX for Armor, and WIS is never to be neglected), even if you use finesse weapon with Strength. And it's only while you rage, 2 mn in a day.
So, it's very good (although I would personally push Barbarian higher ;)), but no OP by far.

Second is taking your action to just regain 2HP on your Ward. Strictly (and greatly) inferior to just taking False Life which provides essentially the same effect (cushion HP) except better, with 1d4+4.
Or just spamming Shield.
Both being available as "free spells" to any Wizard, including Abjurer, at 18th level (at which point it really does not make any difference anyways).
So it's theorically a nice trick to enhance survivability for Wizard's low levels, but imo useless in practice (if you are in that much danger, you'd better use your action to try an "escape" spell or just Dash away).

Sorry to break it ^^

The trick with Warlock 2/Abjurer X is the out of combat regen of your ward. Armor of Shadows allows you to heal your ward back to full after every combat for free. That's why it's better. It's a free Wizard Level*2+Int Heal between every combat. The big trick would be to get resistance on your ward somehow then have Armor of Agathys to deal spell level *5 damage without breaking due to your ward taking the damage

Barbarian 2/Rogue X isn't as powerful as people think as chances are you're going to have an ally in melee with the enemy you're attack anyway, negating the need for advantage to get sneak attack. Barbearian 3/Rogue 7 is pretty powerful though due to resistance to all damage (sans psychic), Uncanny Dodge halving damage, and Evasion eliminating or halving AoE damage, which, with resistance from rage reduces the damage to a quarter, at least, for both of these, and you still get substantial damage from sneak attack.

Sans.
2017-02-21, 02:17 PM
Round two quicken scorching Ray at whatever spell slot you want then Eldritch blast. Then action surge for scorching Ray again.

Eh. You miss out on Wish, which is the true capstone of Sorcerer. Maybe just Sorc 17/War 3?

Hi!

Or just spamming Shield.

Sorry to break it ^^

Barb/Rogue is MAD, but at higher levels it gets better: Barb 2/Rog 8: 4d6 extra Sneak Attack damage, every turn. I'm just listing the lowest level where the base mechanic works.

Wizard/Warlock: You don't want to be casting Mage Armour in combat, you want to be recharging your Arcane Ward between fights. At Wiz 8/War 2, you have a damage sponge of around 20 hp which you can protect anyone with, and refreshes for every fight, and is also recharged from any Shields, Counterspells, Dispellings or Banishments you might want to toss out.

Can we get back to the actual thread topic now please?

DracoKnight
2017-02-21, 02:18 PM
And it's only while you rage, 2 mn in a day.

One minor nitpick about your post: Reckless Attack is not only while you're raging :smalltongue:

JNAProductions
2017-02-21, 02:19 PM
They're powerful builds (in combat) but certainly not OP. Swashbuckler gets Sneak Attack on its own almost every turn anyway, and it's honestly not hard to get sneak attack.

Now, at Barb 2/Rogue 18 it REALLY SHINES, since Elusive makes the advantage against you just... Disappear! But that's a level 20 build-you're SUPPOSED to be powerful!

Warlock 2/Wizard X is pretty nice, but you suffer offensively, since you're a spell level behind.

Sans.
2017-02-21, 02:23 PM
Fine, not OP builds then, just powerful ones. Anyway, I literally can't edit the title. Also, UA is banned.

JNAProductions
2017-02-21, 02:25 PM
Edit the first post, that's how you edit the title.

Theodoxus
2017-02-21, 02:27 PM
OP builds rely too much on specific game parameters.

A Half-orc Barbarian with GWM+PAM+Sentinal who rolled amazing stats is going to be far more powerful than the same with point buy.

If you want to clarify specific parameters, though, that would definitely help. For instance "What's the most OP build you can make with point buy"; "What's the most OP build with these specific stats xyz".

In a game with stats that are all 10's and 1 18, you're going to find a different list than one that's all 14s...

Some classes are more stat reliant than others. Some of the most fun I've had in a game is playing a Ritual Caster who's not optimized. His fire bolts hit only about 60% of the time, but the other players are picking up the combat slack. He's amazing in social and exploration fronts though, and makes combat easier on the cleric, as we're not getting as much damage due to the control spells I specialized over DDs.

So, even in that case, most OP build to do what? Just single target damage? At range or in melee? Is it being the smartest in the room? There's builds for that too. A Diplomancer? Easy enough - certainly not 3.P broken, but if played well, can definitely elude unnecessary combat...

Specter
2017-02-21, 02:44 PM
You can only cast a cantrip when you cast a spell as a bonus action, meaning you can't scorching ray if you quicken EB.

I believe he means quickening Scorching Ray, in which case casting EB afterwards is legal.

Kileonhardt
2017-02-21, 02:59 PM
Barb/Rogue is MAD, but at higher levels it gets better: Barb 2/Rog 8: 4d6 extra Sneak Attack damage, every turn. I'm just listing the lowest level where the base mechanic works.

I know this isn't on topic but why does everyone assume Barb/Rogue is MAD? You can easily get your multiclass requirements off point buy or array and then only have to deal with raising Str/Dex (depending what you'd rather use) and Con. With a +2 Str +1 Con race you get to go Str/Dex at 4 for 18/14 leaving you with solid combat stats and max dex for medium armor. With a Dex based race it's even easier to deal with your AC and main combat stat.

Specter
2017-02-21, 03:18 PM
Thought I'd give this a try.

Variant Human Fighter 2/Abjurer 18

Point buy: ST8, DX14, CO14, IN16, WI13, CH8
Starting feat: Resilient (WIS) (pumping it to 14)
Starting skill: Stealth
ASI's: +4IN, Tough, War Caster/Alert
Final stats: ST8, DX14, CO14, IN20, WI14, CH8

So basically, start Fighter to get the CON saving throw. Get a breastplate and Defense fighting style for 19AC, which can be pumped to 24 with Shield. No weapons, just a shield in hand. Proficiency in the two worst saves make you very resilient, indeed. Mages fear you more than anything, since you can counter/dispel nearly everything they throw your way. Get the 2nd Fighter level whenever you want for Action Surge goodness (dispel and cast, cast and dodge, etc.), I suggest after Abjurer 10.

Final HP is 168, along with the Arcane Ward that would yield 41HP that recharges when you use an abjuration spell (should be every turn). Eat your heart out, Paladins, the wizard is now the tank. This guy can also be a scout with Stealth proficiency and Invisibility/Teleport/etc.

If this isn't a pain for any GM, I don't know what is.

Sans.
2017-02-21, 05:03 PM
Edit the first post, that's how you edit the title.
Ah, ty. Assumed this was like Reddit.

OP builds rely too much on specific game parameters.

A Half-orc Barbarian with GWM+PAM+Sentinal who rolled amazing stats is going to be far more powerful than the same with point buy.

If you want to clarify specific parameters, though, that would definitely help. For instance "What's the most OP build you can make with point buy"; "What's the most OP build with these specific stats xyz".

In a game with stats that are all 10's and 1 18, you're going to find a different list than one that's all 14s...

Some classes are more stat reliant than others. Some of the most fun I've had in a game is playing a Ritual Caster who's not optimized. His fire bolts hit only about 60% of the time, but the other players are picking up the combat slack. He's amazing in social and exploration fronts though, and makes combat easier on the cleric, as we're not getting as much damage due to the control spells I specialized over DDs.

So, even in that case, most OP build to do what? Just single target damage? At range or in melee? Is it being the smartest in the room? There's builds for that too. A Diplomancer? Easy enough - certainly not 3.P broken, but if played well, can definitely elude unnecessary combat...

OP edited.

So basically, start Fighter to get the CON saving throw. Get a breastplate and Defense fighting style for 19AC, which can be pumped to 24 with Shield. No weapons, just a shield in hand. Proficiency in the two worst saves make you very resilient, indeed. Mages fear you more than anything, since you can counter/dispel nearly everything they throw your way. Get the 2nd Fighter level whenever you want for Action Surge goodness (dispel and cast, cast and dodge, etc.), I suggest after Abjurer 10.

Final HP is 168, along with the Arcane Ward that would yield 41HP that recharges when you use an abjuration spell (should be every turn). Eat your heart out, Paladins, the wizard is now the tank. This guy can also be a scout with Stealth proficiency and Invisibility/Teleport/etc.

Pretty good!

cZak
2017-02-21, 05:16 PM
I believe real op huilds should cover as many situations as possible, without being narrowed down. If that barbarian you mentioned has to fight a flying enemy, for instance, he's toast.

Granted it can be fun for awhile, but an 'OP build' probably doesn't exist outside of some DM allowances; rolled stats, gestalt, etc...

What is fun is meshing with your fellow players in coordinating characters.
Our OotA game, we have a devastating archer ranger, a pure tank paladin, the buff'n/ keep-em-up cleric & the controlling wizard.
By themselves, none of the PC's are over the top, but relentless together.

Captain Panda
2017-02-21, 05:28 PM
What level? The answer will vary wildly.

Sans.
2017-02-21, 05:32 PM
What level? The answer will vary wildly.
OP edited.

Sir cryosin
2017-02-21, 05:35 PM

I played this in a lv20 one shot and I was a god. The DM took a solar and gave it 20lvs of fighter and a few others abilities that made it op. We had a cleric life, necromancer wizard, me , barbarians, and by the time we killed the solar one barbarian was on 20 HP, wizard was down but not dead, and the cleric was hurting. I had a staff of power +3 plate and a shield I was tanks a lot of hits

Sans.
2017-02-21, 05:59 PM
I played this in a lv20 one shot and I was a god. The DM took a solar and gave it 20lvs of fighter and a few others abilities that made it op. We had a cleric life, necromancer wizard, me , barbarians, and by the time we killed the solar one barbarian was on 20 HP, wizard was down but not dead, and the cleric was hurting. I had a staff of power +3 plate and a shield I was tanks a lot of hits

Cool.

doobedoo10characterminimumdoobedoo

retaliation08
2017-02-21, 06:30 PM
I think a halfling Divination Wizard/ Wild Magic Sorcerer with the lucky feat could be pretty Powerful.

- Lucky x2
- Portent
- Heighten Spell
- Tides of Chaos
- Bend Luck

Hostile creatures will fail lots of saves. You will make lots of saves. You will not crit fail often.

3 levels of lore bard in there for cutting words is pretty nasty too.

Captain Panda
2017-02-21, 06:33 PM
Druids, no crazy off the wall builds required, are extremely strong at points. At 2-3, at 5-6, at 10-12, and at 17 they really hit some high peaks of performance. Brown bear at 2 is pretty hard to beat, and conjure animals is one of the better third level spells. Elemental form is phenomenal when you get it, and so is shapechange.

For more complex build, the sorcadin is a pretty crazy all-rounder if you roll well for stats. If not... it's still alright, but less fantastic. I'm currently playing a paladin 6/sorcerer 10, and the combination is capable of some astonishing burst damage. Though I did roll stats, and rolled well, so there's also that to factor in.

RulesJD
2017-02-21, 06:44 PM
In General

1. Totem Bear Barbarian 3/BM Fighter+. Comes fully online at level 8. Take GWM + PAM + Sentinel feats. Proceed to absolutely wreck face to the point where the rest of the party isn't really needed to do damage.

2. Fighter 2/Abjuration Wiz+. Combining an intelligent and creative Wizard with Action Surge's ability to break spell Action economy leads to hand waving many encounters by a single player.

3. Vengeance Paladin 6/Draconic Sorc+. Paladin 6 = super tanky and all around protections, Sorc = higher level spells + smites for days.

4. Tempest Cleric 6/Draconic Sorc+. Twice per short rest max lightning damage + things like Lightning Bolt/Chromatic Orb/Chain Lightning/etc on a Cleric chassis with Spirit Guardians is a one player AoE bot. Super versatility, decently tanky, and hard to stop as a DM.

Those are the builds I've played that felt the most OP.

Desamir
2017-02-21, 06:51 PM
Open Hand Monk 18/Divination Wizard 2

You probably see where this is going. Attack, apply Quivering Palm, activate Quivering Palm, force a saving throw failure with Portent. Instakills anything without legendary saves.

And since you're a Monk, you can quickly bait out legendary saves with Stunning Strike. If they eat the stuns, your party will annihilate them; if they burn their legendary saves instead, Quivering Palm will end the fight.

Citan
2017-02-21, 06:56 PM

The trick with Warlock 2/Abjurer X is the out of combat regen of your ward. Armor of Shadows allows you to heal your ward back to full after every combat for free. That's why it's better. It's a free Wizard Level*2+Int Heal between every combat. The big trick would be to get resistance on your ward somehow then have Armor of Agathys to deal spell level *5 damage without breaking due to your ward taking the damage

Hmm. So you are saying that the first part of the paragraph ("While the ward has 0 hit points its magic remains") and what follows are decorrelated?

I always read it as "hp regain under the condition it currently has 0 hp".
But rereading it it seems you are right.

My apologies to OP then, this is a powerful trick indeed.;)

Specter
2017-02-21, 07:03 PM
Hmm. So you are saying that the first part of the paragraph ("While the ward has 0 hit points its magic remains") and what follows are decorrelated?

I always read it as "hp regain under the condition it currently has 0 hp".
But rereading it it seems you are right.

My apologies to OP then, this is a powerful trick indeed.;)

I read it that way too. I think that if the intent had been for it to regain hp everytime, that sentence wouldn't be the first one.

Sans.
2017-02-22, 01:24 AM
I think a halfling Divination Wizard/ Wild Magic Sorcerer with the lucky feat could be pretty Powerful.

- Lucky x2
- Portent
- Heighten Spell
- Tides of Chaos
- Bend Luck

Hostile creatures will fail lots of saves. You will make lots of saves. You will not crit fail often.

3 levels of lore bard in there for cutting words is pretty nasty too.
Yes, but you get massive spell overlap, and lose Spell Mastery.

In General

1. Totem Bear Barbarian 3/BM Fighter+. Comes fully online at level 8. Take GWM + PAM + Sentinel feats. Proceed to absolutely wreck face to the point where the rest of the party isn't really needed to do damage.
Why Battle Master?

4. Tempest Cleric 6/Draconic Sorc+. Twice per short rest max lightning damage + things like Lightning Bolt/Chromatic Orb/Chain Lightning/etc on a Cleric chassis with Spirit Guardians is a one player AoE bot. Super versatility, decently tanky, and hard to stop as a DM.
Nice; looks very MAD but worth it.

Open Hand Monk 18/Divination Wizard 2

You probably see where this is going. Attack, apply Quivering Palm, activate Quivering Palm, force a saving throw failure with Portent. Instakills anything without legendary saves.

And since you're a Monk, you can quickly bait out legendary saves with Stunning Strike. If they eat the stuns, your party will annihilate them; if they burn their legendary saves instead, Quivering Palm will end the fight.

Level 19 and 20 only, and relies on targeting a strong save for many monsters, and is MAD, and you can do this twice if you're lucky.

Ehh.

Desamir
2017-02-22, 01:29 AM
Level 19 and 20 only, and relies on targeting a strong save for many monsters, and is MAD, and you can do this twice if you're lucky.

Ehh.

Being able to one-shot the BBEG has its price.

Sans.
2017-02-22, 01:35 AM
Being able to one-shot the BBEG has its price.

Being level 19/20, when you coulda just nuked him with a frigging meteor or got your god to smite him or something?

Desamir
2017-02-22, 01:41 AM
Being level 19/20, when you coulda just nuked him with a frigging meteor or got your god to smite him or something?

Is there a god-smite spell I'm missing?

Sans.
2017-02-22, 01:47 AM
Oh nvm. I thought Divine Intervention was just the god doing what he would usually do, but having to be any cleric spell is restricting.

skaddix
2017-02-22, 02:05 AM
Nah they brought the Spellcasters Down To Earth so to speak.

Most of that is down to the concentration restriction. Which incidentally why getting Free Flight is OP as a Class Feature. Obviously its OP at level 1 with the right race.

coredump
2017-02-22, 03:15 AM

1) subsequent spells only 'heal' (recharge?) the ward as Level*2, not L*2+Int.

2) Resistance would apply to the AoA THP, but not to the ward.

As for powerful build...

Archer: Ranger5/Rogue5; then go either battlemaster3/rogue7 or rogue 10.

RulesJD
2017-02-22, 10:39 AM
*snip*

Why Battle Master?

*snip*

Precision, Riposte, Menacing, Tripping, etc.

Precision BM dice means you'll almost never miss your advantaged GWM swings. Riposte + PAM + Sentinel = almost always an off-turn GWM attack as well. Menacing etc lets you power your criticals with mini-smites.

Another build I forgot about:

Hunter Ranger 3/Cleric 1/BM Fighter+

Similar to the Fighter/Barb build, but with Crossbow Expert + SS. Take Horde Breaker for Hunter, Bless from Cleric, and Precision from BM Fighter. You're almost always doing 4/5 attacks/turn and almost always hitting with Bless + Archery FS + Precision.

Specter
2017-02-22, 11:00 AM
In General

I believe you meant level 9, no one can have three feats without at least two ASIs.

MadBear
2017-02-22, 11:02 AM
If we're talking one trick pony monstrosities, then:

Half-Elf
Rogue (Assassin) 3
Paladin (light) 12
Revised Ranger (deep stalker conclave) 3
Fighter 2

Feats:
- Alert

Point Buy to get:
Str:8
Dex: 20 (+2 at levels 4/8)
Con: 10
Wis:12
Int: 10
Char: 16

When/if you get the jump on someone you'll get:

- Advantage on initiative
- 6 attacks (2 base, 2 action surge, +1 deep stalker, 1 twf)
- crits on all attacks (with advantage and +10 you should almost always go first)
- add max smite damage to all attacks
- one will add an additional 3d6 sneak attack damage
- Paladin ability to add +3 attack/damage on your to-hits or (if you're to-hit is good an additional attack via twf)

Damager per first hit will be: 2d8 (weapon)+ 2d8 (improved divine smite)+ 4d6 (sneak attack) + 5 (dex) + 3 (aura of devotion)+ 8d8 (smite)

The damage will drop off as you won't get follow up sneak attack damage, and you'll run out of high level slots for smite, but that initial attack will drop just about anything.

Desamir
2017-02-22, 11:23 AM
1) subsequent spells only 'heal' (recharge?) the ward as Level*2, not L*2+Int.

Level*2 per cast. You can use Armor of Shadows repeatedly to heal the ward up to its max hp.

silveralen
2017-02-22, 11:32 AM
The classic SAD paladin/warlock/sorcerer polearm master got an upgrade

From paladin 6, tome warlock 3 (or 4), and sorcerer 11(10), with polearm master and cha based shiliegh.

To paladin 6, hex blade warlock 1, sorcerer 13. Don't need shiliegh, thanks to hex blade, but still use a quarter staff for the extra attack.

3 smites per turn with same attack bonus and better smite slots compared to straight paladin. Everything cues off cha, so much better casting and aura than normal paladin. With quicken haste, you can even manage 4 smites in a turn without losing a turn of casting.

Hex blade 1, paladin 2, and sorcerer 17 works if you can mix scag cantrips with hex blade, misses the paladin aura and you have to use quicken metamagic for your extra attack, but green blade and dragon (fire) origin you'll be rocking even better damage, and you have 17 levels of pure caster to boot.

MrStabby
2017-02-22, 11:52 AM
I think that the most powerful build I have seen is Divination Wizard X, at least within the specified levels of 3 to 17.

It always has the biggest range of spells of any caster, access to the highest level of spells of any caster and an immensely powerful level 2 ability.

No one is more versatile or has as many different ways at winning a fight. The focus on divination also means that this class has the greatest ability to know what spells to prepare of any class.

Crusher
2017-02-22, 12:27 PM
Precision, Riposte, Menacing, Tripping, etc.

Precision BM dice means you'll almost never miss your advantaged GWM swings. Riposte + PAM + Sentinel = almost always an off-turn GWM attack as well. Menacing etc lets you power your criticals with mini-smites.

Another build I forgot about:

Hunter Ranger 3/Cleric 1/BM Fighter+

Similar to the Fighter/Barb build, but with Crossbow Expert + SS. Take Horde Breaker for Hunter, Bless from Cleric, and Precision from BM Fighter. You're almost always doing 4/5 attacks/turn and almost always hitting with Bless + Archery FS + Precision.

I think you forgot to mention that you're going War Domain as a Cleric which is where that last attack comes from. I mention it, because that's very similar to the build I'm planning for the next campaign I'm going to play. Unless I get bored and change my mind, of course. So many fun builds to try.

Sans.
2017-02-22, 12:37 PM
The classic SAD paladin/warlock/sorcerer polearm master got an upgrade

From paladin 6, tome warlock 3 (or 4), and sorcerer 11(10), with polearm master and cha based shiliegh.

To paladin 6, hex blade warlock 1, sorcerer 13. Don't need shiliegh, thanks to hex blade, but still use a quarter staff for the extra attack.

3 smites per turn with same attack bonus and better smite slots compared to straight paladin. Everything cues off cha, so much better casting and aura than normal paladin. With quicken haste, you can even manage 4 smites in a turn without losing a turn of casting.

Hex blade 1, paladin 2, and sorcerer 17 works if you can mix scag cantrips with hex blade, misses the paladin aura and you have to use quicken metamagic for your extra attack, but green blade and dragon (fire) origin you'll be rocking even better damage, and you have 17 levels of pure caster to boot.

No UA.

doobedoo10characterminimumdoobedoo

Sans.
2017-02-22, 03:57 PM
Is that all? Thanks for the feedback then, everyone.

RulesJD
2017-02-22, 05:10 PM
I believe you meant level 9, no one can have three feats without at least two ASIs.

I say online at level 8 because that's when you get Resist All* and Multi-attack. Personally I go straight Fighter 5, then Barb 2, then Fighter 6, then Barb 3, but that's personal choice.

The last Feat is Sentinel anyways which makes a difference, but enough that the build is still stupidly strong throughout the entire leveling process.

MrWesson22
2017-02-22, 10:46 PM
You don't need 2 levels of lock for abjuration. Just go deep gnome and pick up the sniverneblin magic feat. Cast nondetection at will. It's also level 3, so it'll recharge faster, if that matters.

maxwell_wolfen
2017-02-23, 09:59 AM
lore wizard...period

honnknight20
2019-02-13, 06:04 PM
Warning: Following build is not for everyone, contains the potential for failure at early levels if starting campaign at a level earlier than level 5 and some content is in playtesting Paladin (Devotion) Lv.3-6, Warlock (Hexblade) Lv.3-5, Sorcerer (Stone) Lv. 9-14

Race: Aasimar (scourge)
+2 CHA, +1CON

For base 27 point point-by
STR 08, DEX 08, CON 15, INT 14
WIS 12, CHA 14

For the basics of this build.
At higher level, CHA will be your focus stat for Attack, Damage, and saves, where CON will be the focus stat for raising Maximum Hit Points and AC. Depending on how you flavor your characters abilities between these classes will give nice bonuses, but at the cost of reduced effectiveness with STR & DEX based skill checks.

Man_Over_Game
2019-02-13, 06:06 PM
Please do not resurrect old threads. We prefer that you create a new thread and link to the old one if you want to refer to something for a new discussion.