PDA

View Full Version : Werewolf the Apocalypse Totem Creation

KrootShaper
2017-02-21, 02:10 PM
Hey there, running a Kuei-Jin campaign currently and my group decided to choose Twister as their Nushi after hearing it's theme. Now Twister is a pretty awesome Totem, but it's really cheap. I'm concerned it might be too cheap, actually. So does anyone know how to do totem creation or have links to sites talking about it? I'd just like to make sure the point balance is correct, and figure out how to upgrade it as they put more background points in. Thanks

SaurOps
2017-02-21, 11:17 PM
No such standardized system exists for W:tA, but the freebie point chart might be a nice start (as in, an Attribute dot is a 5 point cost to the totem, willpower is one to one, etc). At any rate, Twister is likely so heavily discounted because its ban requires some rather egregious damage that might get you into a lot of trouble if you hang around residential areas. Note that, vampires being vampires, they will probably be hanging out by residential areas all the time... and wrecking them all at least a bit due to the ban. So you might want to ask them if they really want their characters to follow a Wyld Messenger totem that might not like them very much on account of their being vampires and all.

KrootShaper
2017-02-21, 11:51 PM
SaurOps- Thanks for the reply. As per the KJ book, they are pretty in tune with both spirit worlds so I don't think of that as an issue. I did tell them the ban right off the bat and they thought that was hilarious and much more costly than some of the others (don't eat my animal, dontate to charity, etc). I'll have to look into how they suggest upgrading it, since there is six people in the wu and the totem only costs 4 points.

Mr Blobby
2017-02-22, 09:29 AM
If you think it's too cheap, then either jack up the price, dial back the bonuses and/or strengthen the conditions. You're the ST, it's your playpen after all. My gut says increase the price a little, taking into account it's a larger than usual group. Or you could stick to the canon, but make the group do a difficult starting mission to *earn* the totem's trust.