PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Enti'inor races updated to 5e (PEACH)

Jallorn
2017-02-21, 03:56 PM
So I'm preparing to run a 5e campaign, and I've decided to use my setting of Enti'inor, which was built for 3.5, so I'm updating elements to be more appropriate for 5e. To that end, I have created several new races, and I would appreciate some critiquing on their power level.

Elves
+2 Int
Darkvision: Accustomed to twilit forests and the night sky, you have superior vision in dark and dim conditions. You can see in dim light within 60 feet of you as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it were dim light. You can’t discern color in darkness, only shades of gray.
Keen Senses: You have proficiency in the Perception skill.
Fey Ancestry: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can’t put you to sleep.
Master of the Craft: Choose a skill. You gain double the normal proficiency bonus when you roll ability checks using that skill.

High Elves
+1 Dex
Trance: Elves don’t need to sleep. Instead, they meditate deeply, remaining semiconscious, for 4
hours a day. (The Common word for such meditation is “trance.”) While meditating, you can dream after a fashion; such dreams are actually mental exercises that have become reflexive through years of practice. After resting in this way, you gain the same benefit that a human does from 8 hours of sleep.
Cantrip: You know one cantrip of your choice from the wizard spell list. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it.

Drow
+1 Wis
Evolution: You gain one of the following abilities.

1d6 + Str Bite attack.
Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
Spines: When you are hit by a melee attack, the attacker takes 1 piercing damage.
Viscous Spit: You may make a 20 foot ranged touch attack that deals 1d8 acid or poison damage (choose on creation). Once you have used this ability, you can't use it again until you complete a short or long rest. You can use it one additional time each at 6th, 11th, and 16th levels before needing to rest.

Gnomes
+1 to two ability scores

Air Gnomes
Feat: You gain one Feat of your choice.
Skill: You gain proficiency in one skill of your choice.

Lost Gnomes
+2 Cha
Psionic Talent: You gain 1 Psionic Talent.

Halflings
+2 Dex, +1 Wis
Lucky: When you roll a 1 on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw, you can reroll the die and must use the new roll.
Halfling Nimbleness: You can move through the space of any creature that is of a size larger than you.
Brave: You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.
Naturally Stealthy: You can attempt to hide even when you are obscured only by a creature that is at least one size larger than you.

Hasai
+2 Str, +1 Wis
Natural Armor: You have tough, scaly skin. When you aren't wearing armor, your AC is 13 + your Dexterity modifier. You can use your natural armor to determine your AC if the armor you wear would leave you with a lower AC. A shield's benefits apply as normal while you use your natural armor.
Clarity of Purpose: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed or dominated.
Shadow Strike: As an action, you may make an attack as if you were in an adjacent square. You gain advantage on this attack and deal extra radiant damage equal to your level. Once you use this trait, you can't use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

Humans
+2 Con, +1 Int
Resilient: You gain advantage on Constitution saving throws.
Relentless Endurance: When you are reduced to 0 hit points but not killed outright, you can drop to 1 hit point instead. You can’t use this feature again until you finish a long rest.
Keen Mind: You gain proficiency in one of the following: Nature, Religion, or Survival

Imbéato
+1 Str, +1 Con
Composite Plating: Your construction incorporates wood and metal, granting you a +1 bonus to Armor Class.
Living Construct: Even though you were constructed, you are a living creature. You are immune to disease. You do not need to eat or breathe, but you can ingest food and drink if you wish. Instead of sleeping, you enter an inactive state for 4 hours each day. You do not dream in this state; you are fully aware of your surroundings and notice approaching enemies and other events as normal.

Orcs
+2 Wis, +1 Con
Menacing: You gain proficiency in the Intimidation skill.
Adaptive Resistance: You gain resistance to a single damage type chosen from the following list: Acid, Fire, Cold, Poison, Lighting, Thunder. As a reaction, you may change the damage type of your resistance. Once you have changed the damage type, you may not change it again until you finish a long rest.
Evolution: You gain one of the following abilities.

1d6 + Str Bite attack.
Mask of the Wild: You can attempt to hide even when you are only lightly obscured by foliage, heavy rain, falling snow, mist, and other natural phenomena.
Spines: When you are hit by a melee attack, the attacker takes 1 piercing damage.
Viscous Spit: You may make a 20 foot ranged touch attack that deals 1d8 acid or poison damage (choose on creation). Once you have used this ability, you can't use it again until you complete a short or long rest. You can use it one additional time each at 6th, 11th, and 16th levels before needing to rest.

Sabito
+2 Cha, +1 Str
Swim Speed: 30
Hold Breath: You can hold your breath for up to 15 minutes at a time.
Echolocation: Sabito have Blindsight to 30 ft.
Savage Attacks: When you score a critical hit with a melee weapon attack, you can roll one of the weapon’s damage dice one additional time and add it to the extra damage of the critical hit.

Jallorn
2017-02-23, 02:23 AM
Either no one cares or no one has anything useful to say.

Either way I suppose I'm sticking with what I've got.