PDA

View Full Version : Possible new defensive combo? (3.5)

flappeercraft
2017-02-21, 09:29 PM
So I was just reading up on the spell Starmantle and I thought, since it destroys nonmagical weapons and they presumably don't affect you how do you render weapons nonmagical. So I came up with this. Extraordinary Spell Aim Self Antimagic Field + Persisted Starmantle + Persisted Mystic Shield. If i'm not wrong this would automatically destroy all weapons that come in contact with you as they would act as nonmagical and since you would only be vulnerable to spells and natural weapons and unarmed strikes of which Mystic Shield would protect you from most spells. Would this work as it seems it would?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2017-02-22, 01:53 AM
Starmantle (Cloak) + Antimagic Field with a hole in it has been around for a long time. Note that Starmantle doesn't specify manufactured weapons, it affects all weapons including natural ones. Claws, Dragons' bites, unarmed strikes, tentacle attacks, you name it, Starmantle destroys it.

Inevitability
2017-02-22, 02:13 AM
Fairly sure this doesn't stand up to a Disjunction or even another Antimagic Field, but it seems to work otherwise.

Zanos
2017-02-22, 02:16 AM
Less advanced, but a ring of evasion or ruin delver's fortune plus starmantle will allow you to make a DC 15 reflex save to take no damage from magical weapons and automatically destroy non-magical ones.

Menzath
2017-02-22, 10:09 AM
It's too bad that if a monster had Dr/magic it still gets through most of that with its natural weapons.