PDA

View Full Version : Halo-XCOM Fluffyiness

Graysire
2017-02-21, 11:29 PM
So, I have screwed around with the rules and made a tactical game, combining XCOM-style turns and XCOM 2 story with the Halo universe.

The Covenant has taken over the human race and incorporated them, instead of the original extermination policy, the PCs are part of a resistance, etc. ala XCOM.

An organization similar to ADVENT called GOSPEL has arisen as the face of human administration.

Psionics are a thing as well to add more variety, I'm just not very sure how large a role to have them play.

So, I'd very much appreciate ideas for further fluff, cool enemy ideas fitting within this and other such things

Swaoeaeieu
2017-02-22, 02:34 AM
if science fiction is the flavour you are going for. Is dnd or pathfinder really the system to use?

Graysire
2017-02-22, 09:43 AM
Well...probably not, but as 3.5 is by far the system I'm most familiar with, it's where I started, and thus far it seems to be working out decently.

theasl
2017-02-22, 04:34 PM
Might want to take a look at d20 Modern, that could help a bit.

frogglesmash
2017-02-22, 06:51 PM
I've actually been mucking around with something very similar, some interesting things to look at would be the cybernetics rules from D20 Future and D20 Cyberscape. You could also easily adapt the Mech rules to make something akin to the MEC soldiers from X-Com Enemy Within. Mutations could be another interesting addition, and if you want to go for a more gooey organic route take a look at the symbionts scattered throughout various D&D supplements.

Graysire
2017-02-22, 07:24 PM
Well, I'm interested as to how you've been mucking with things Frogglesmash. Aside from that, even with Spartans as the focus of Halo, I didn't even think of using them or the accompanying enhancement stuff(I suppose this is why I ask for feedback), but seriously, thanks, this gives me a much better place to look than my scatter-brained ideas before.

The Vagabond
2017-02-22, 09:48 PM
Starfinder is apperently coming out soon, so that might be useful for you.

ZamielVanWeber
2017-02-22, 10:00 PM
Consider Mutants and Masterminds. It is DnD lite but mechanically works great for a Sci-Fi setting, with the device power worming to copy have advance piece of technology under the sun.

Graysire
2017-02-24, 09:17 PM
It's taken me a while to have time to respond, but thanks all for your help, I'll start looking into all of these.