PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What are my options for a seducing/corrupting/socially-active devil?

Coidzor
2017-02-22, 03:30 AM
It seems like Zebubs are the best option for a courier or messenger devil, being that they're 4 HD and have Greater Teleport at-will. Their ability to faithfully and accurately replay up to an hour of message in 1 round is also potentially useful there. Though a letter is probably fine too.

I'm wondering what would be a good assistant or agent that could be trusted to competently act as a handler and ensure a targeted mortal doesn't backslide on their corruption if they're not ready to be integrated into a cult so that peer pressure will do that job and matters elsewhere draw the master's attention elsewhere before the project of corruption or suborning is completed.

Demons are all but verboten, but LN, TN, or NE outsiders could potentially be used as well. I suppose if there's no other option worth pursuing, something like a Trompe L'oeil Succubus could be made with an alignment other than Chaotic Evil.

Segev
2017-02-22, 11:54 AM
Imps seem like the obvious option. It is one reason they're often given as familiars to powerful wizards. But they can be "handlers" posing as assistants to anybody valued. "Here, have this potent servant to aid you as a reward for your service/payment for part of our contract." That this "aide" will keep tabs on you and try to talk you into keeping to the evil path is unspoken, but probably pretty obvious if you're not a fool.

Telonius
2017-02-22, 12:16 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure that a devil would be doing that sort of thing themselves. If the target is not ready to be part of the cult, then they're not ready to see anything with horns or wings. This would be an ideal assignment for a current cult member, particularly one who's new or is a bit iffy on the Lawful half of LE. Even if you're not using Obeisance scores, following orders from a superior to enforce a deal and serve the hierarchy is most definitely Lawful.

Caelestion
2017-02-22, 02:50 PM
The falxugon or bargainer devil in Tyrants of the Nine Hells should tick most of your boxes. It's one of my favourite devils. :)