PDA

View Full Version : Rules Q&A 3.5e Is there any class for Constructs building?

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-02-22, 05:48 AM
I am going to play with a friend and build constructs.

I want to know if there is an option to be a divine spell caster.

Gruftzwerg
2017-02-22, 05:55 AM
Effigy Master is the first that comes into my mind but there are others as well..

edit: forgot to mention, you need the "Envy" domain to have Simulacrum on your class spell list to qualify as cleric.

weckar
2017-02-22, 07:19 AM
There are a number of classes that piggyback off having any Craft feat. Many of these are Arcane, but I am quite sure that ASS will solve that (though it is a feat from Dragon, so eh).

Maester comes to mind as being an example. Not a good one unless you are a more generic crafter, but...

The real problem is that most of these are racially limited to gnomes or dwarves so they are hard to combine and impossible to do so if not one or the other (and does anyone really like Stoneblessed that much?).

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-02-22, 09:24 AM
Effigy Master is the first that comes into my mind but there are others as well..

edit: forgot to mention, you need the "Envy" domain to have Simulacrum on your class spell list to qualify as cleric.
can you give me the source?
the book name will be enough but I will like to get the page if you know it.

There are a number of classes that piggyback off having any Craft feat. Many of these are Arcane, but I am quite sure that ASS will solve that (though it is a feat from Dragon, so eh).

Maester comes to mind as being an example. Not a good one unless you are a more generic crafter, but...

The real problem is that most of these are racially limited to gnomes or dwarves so they are hard to combine and impossible to do so if not one or the other (and does anyone really like Stoneblessed that much?).
can you explain the last paragraph?
what is ASS?
can you give me the sources you took the information from.

Khedrac
2017-02-22, 10:19 AM
can you give me the source?
the book name will be enough but I will like to get the page if you know it.
Effigy Master is from Complete Arcane

can you explain the last paragraph?
what is ASS?
can you give me the sources you took the information from.
ASS is probably the feat Alternate Source Spell - Dragon Magazine 325 which allows preparing spells as either arcane or divine...
I think the point is that you can potentially be a cleric casting arcane spells (through ASS) and thus qualify for the arcane casting options that boost constructs... ASS is definitely a Cheese feat - its primary purpose seems to be (to someone who doesn't have that Dragon and thus know the details) to get round divine/arcane pre-requisites.

Iku Rex
2017-02-22, 11:20 AM
You don't need a special class to build constructs, just the Craft Construct feat: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsterFeats.htm#craftConstruct . Divine casters can get it (and the prerequisites).

Effigies from Complete Arcane are a good choice for constructs to build. You don't need the so-so effigy master prestige class.

If you're not dead set on a divine caster, the artificer class, from the Eberron Campaign Setting, is a good choice.

Vizzerdrix
2017-02-22, 03:41 PM
Techsmith, from faiths and pantheons builds and upgrades a singular comstruct for free. It even has an int score so it gets feats and skills.

The class also grants firearm use and the ability to override a constructs orders if I remember correctly.

Coidzor
2017-02-22, 03:50 PM
Maester from Complete Adventurer have Quick Crafting.

So for a dip, you can get faster crafting of what constructs you make.

Rerednaw
2017-02-22, 08:50 PM
I am going to play with a friend and build constructs.

I want to know if there is an option to be a divine spell caster.

Not sure if this fits with what you are looking for but there is the Astral Construct Shaper (Psion) power...not to mention the Constructor web-enhancement class.

Vizzerdrix
2017-02-22, 09:20 PM
Also, one of the dragon mags has a bunch of low level constructs. Things like wood, tin, and paper golems.

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-02-23, 01:58 AM
Thank you guys :)

Now I have the information I need.