PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder [DSP] Aegis & Plate of the Juggernaut

phlidwsn
2017-02-22, 09:15 AM
I'm wondering if I'm missing something obvious with the following:

Aegis gets Light Armor Prof (+Astral Suits).

However, Ultimate Psionics has a specific magic armor called the Plate of the Juggernaut that is +2 Full Plate that boosts an Aegi's effective Aegis level by two for Customization Points and what Customizations you can pick.

Full Plate. Light Armor prof.

Are you stuck blowing two feats or dipping a level of something for Heavy Prof, or am I missing something obvious?

Firest Kathon
2017-02-22, 10:54 AM
The first thing which comes to mind are Aegis which multiclassed into a class proficient with heavy armors. The armor would allow them to regain (some of) the customiziation points lost due to multiclassing.

Canine
2017-02-22, 10:56 AM
I think you are correct on all counts, but if you aren't bothered by the fluff (or are willing to change it), the Skinwalker's Leather has the same effect as the Plate of the Juggernaut, in studded leather form.

You might also be interested in the Crystal Spaulders (also in Ultimate Psionics), which gives your astral suit an enhancement bonus to AC, and several bonus customization points, but does not impact your level for selecting customizations.

phlidwsn
2017-02-22, 12:06 PM
You might also be interested in the Crystal Spaulders (also in Ultimate Psionics), which gives your astral suit an enhancement bonus to AC, and several bonus customization points, but does not impact your level for selecting customizations.

I looked at the Spaulders, but the Juggernaut has the advantage of falling under craft arm/armor which I was already taking instead of Craft Crystal Focus which doesn't fall under Master Craftsman.

Ah well, guess I'm dipping a level of Warder eventually.