PDA

View Full Version : 5e Way of 4 element fixes

Desteplo
2017-02-22, 09:49 AM
So I know there's a lot of revised way of the element floating around. But I also think they're a little excessive. big changes and a lot of to consider. Granted a spell list is just as heavy.

I was looking at the sun soul monk and while it's good (not as great as the other two standard picks) but saw it as a vastly superior option to way of element.

So with that in mind I came to think is there an easier general rule for the existing way of element:

Way of the 4 element.

The spells are the same as the phb but everything costs 1 less. The unbroken fist, water whip and fire snakes removed for a single thematic ability.

Lvl3 Every level you gain a cantrip and spell depending on the elemental cantrips you have.

Lvl 6,11,17
You can gain 2 spells or 2 cantrips and can replace a spell/cantrip from a previous level.

Lvl 3
-cantrip (control flame, gust, shape water, mold earth)
-a ranged attack at 2d10 with additional effects depending on the element cantrip you chose. That can shift element if you have more than one. And can add ki to increase the damage.
-water pulls for 10ft, wind pushes 10ft, earth decreases movement by 10ft, fire can use a different target per d10 up to 2.

Lvl 6

Increases melee attack range by 5 (10ft) and adds fire(fire), cold (water), thunder (earth) or lightning (wind)
-Distance/damage for ki ability increased by 5 (15ft) and fire snakes to 3 targets and a d10 (3d10)

Lvl 11

Whenever you roll a 1 on a way of element ki ability (including spells and abilities) it's a 2
-adds an additional +5 ft (15ft) to unarmed strikes
-Distance/damage for ki ability increased by 5 (20ft) and fire snakes to 4 and (4d20)

Lvl 17

-Distance/damage for ki ability increased by 5 (25ft) and fire snakes to 5 and 5d10
-If you spend max ki (5) your element ki ability changes range:

Wind becomes a 60ft line
Water becomes a 30ft sphere
Earth becomes a 30ft Cube
Fire becomes a 30ft cone