PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder A better feat for swashbuckling

Gnaeus
2017-02-22, 12:48 PM
So, my DM is consolidating a lot of basic feats into more competitive versions. For example TWF in the game now reads:
"Your penalties on attack rolls for fighting with two weapons are reduced. The penalty for your primary hand lessens by 2 and the one for your off hand lessens by 6. When you reach BAB +4, and again when you reach BAB +8, you may select a bonus feat related to Two-Weapon Fighting from the list of feats possibly granted by Advanced Two-Weapon Training *."
"*Double Slice, Double Hit, Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting, Two-Weapon Defense, Two-Weapon Pounce, Two-Weapon Rend. By spending 2 weeks of intense study, you may swap a chosen bonus feat you have selected for another feat from the allowed list as long as you meet its pre-requisites."

I'm looking at that as a model for something similar but more Swashbucklery in nature, since we looked at many of the Swashbuckler-type feats and most of the ones we found were so situational as to be useless (+2 for climb and acrobatics checks when on a ship?????) but maybe if you got them for free at a certain BAB might seem flavorful and fun rather than a complete waste. So basically I'm looking for a base swashbuckler feat that seems about as useful as TWF + a list of other PF (preferred) or 3.5 or simple homebrew feats that are not completely useless while not really being worth a feat by themselves. All 4 of the panache feats seem to qualify as options.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.