PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Way of the Wicked Cohort ideas

Coidzor
2017-02-22, 06:03 PM
So we're coming up on level 7 in our Way of the Wicked game and I'm wondering what would be useful and thematically appropriate cohorts for our party.

Currently we're a UnRogue looking to start or take control of an assassins guild.

A pistolero gunslinger looking to corrupt the princess and usurp the usurpers to resurrect the old regime with his branch of the Barca family as the royals rather than a cadet branch of a cadet branch.

A slaughter-powered antipaladin who is fanatically devoted to Asmodeus and blood sacrifice of his foes.

And a foreign Lizardfolk Unchained Shaman who is looking for a holy site to restore and got roped into all of this and just enjoys subjugating humans and magic shenanigans.

Edit: Got cut off due to mobile issues. I believe that they may also all need to be escapees from Branderscar, possibly inspired by us.

So far I've thought of something like an Aasimar Inquisitor with the archetype to fake being a different alignment/religion, some kind of Kobold cleric to administer to religious duties for any cults we might form and grow, a construct-oriented crafter wizard, or a big tanky guy to defend the back ranks while our antipaladin is aggressively charging forth.

Braininthejar2
2017-02-22, 06:42 PM
does it mean you're ready to tell us how part one went? :smallsmile:

Coidzor
2017-02-22, 06:55 PM
does it mean you're ready to tell us how part one went? :smallsmile:

Somehow we're taking forever. It's taking us 4-5 sessions to do what should have taken two. :V

Crake
2017-02-23, 12:16 AM
Somehow we're taking forever. It's taking us 4-5 sessions to do what should have taken two. :V

We're also running way of the wicked, and I just happened to take leadership as well, though the cohort I picked might be a bit of a spoiler, depending on where you've gotten up to, but I'll say, if you and your DM are happy to go the "corrupt the good" route, there's a pretty sweet option coming up soon. Seems we're going at a bit of a smoother pace than you though, we're on record pace at the moment, we got the last bit of part one done within 5 days haha, though really it was done by the third day, we spent the last two days looting the town. Contagion can be super fun :smallamused:

Mithril Leaf
2017-02-23, 11:57 AM
No particular advice for the cohort itself, but don't forget about the Wicked Leader (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/traits/social-traits/wicked-leader-social/) trait.

Braininthejar2
2017-02-23, 01:06 PM
Perhaps someone like a bard?

This campaign so far seems to contain as much scheming as it does fighting, and you won't want to split the party when there's a fight coming.

So, you need a competent guy you can 'trust' to keep your schemes in the field going whenever you need to go somehere in a hurry.

Coidzor
2017-03-07, 07:53 PM
I can definitely see the appeal of a Bard. Someone who is good with social skills and can buff our minions as we start to have more and grow our cult. Maybe a Magician Bard for my Shaman to maximize on the amount of casterliness and to make up for the fact that, well, I still have to jump through a few more hoops to make up for my Shaman's raspy, chainsmoking voice, and I think it'll take a while to popularize smoking cigarettes throughout Talingarde, even with a war on.

We're also running way of the wicked, and I just happened to take leadership as well, though the cohort I picked might be a bit of a spoiler, depending on where you've gotten up to, but I'll say, if you and your DM are happy to go the "corrupt the good" route, there's a pretty sweet option coming up soon. Seems we're going at a bit of a smoother pace than you though, we're on record pace at the moment, we got the last bit of part one done within 5 days haha, though really it was done by the third day, we spent the last two days looting the town. Contagion can be super fun :smallamused:

Not sure which you meant, but our Gunslinger decided that he really wanted to corrupt one of the captains of Balentyne.

Alas, Captain Zak Eddarly was too loyal to Talingarde's usurpers and his slaughtered men to pay heed to the serpent tongue of an Asmodean offering him a second chance as he languored in his prison cell for murder.

It's anyone's guess whether the man died of smoke inhalation or if the bugbears came for him after that.

At this point our Gunslinger is strongly favoring some kind of bodyguard tank for himself, especially given our Antipaladin's tendency to go charging into the thick of the enemy.

Contagion is really fun. Alas, I won't have access to it for another level, but when I do, our Antipaladin is going to put Typhoid Mary to shame.