Peter stonefist
2017-02-22, 06:26 PM
hi guys i made a new 5e cr 1/8 monster can you review it.:smallsmile:

**Drakeling**
*Tiny dragon (drake), neutral evil*
___
**Armor Class** 12
**Hit Points** 7 (3d4)
**Speed** 15 ft., burrow 1 ft., climb 5 ft., fly 20 ft.
___
STR | DEX | CON | INT | WIS | CHA
:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|
7 (-2)|13 (+1)|11 (+0)|4 (-3)|10 (+0)|4 (-3)|
___
**Saving Throws** Str +2, Dex +3, Con +2
**Skills** Arcana -2
**Damage Resistances** fire
**Damage Vulnerabilities** cold
**Condition Immunities** frightened
**Senses** darkvision 45 ft., passive Perception 10
**Languages** Draconic (Understands)
**Challenge** 1/8 (25 XP)
___
**Devil's Sight.** Magical darkness doesn't impede the Drakeling's darkvision.
**Keen Senses.** The Drakeling has advantatge on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight, hearing or smell.
**Limited Telepathy.** The Drakeling can magically communicate simple ideas, emotions and images telepathically with any creature within 100 feet of it that can understand a language.
___
**--Actions--**
**Bite.** *Melee Weapon Attack:* +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. *Hit:* 4 (1d4+2) fire damage.
___

Deepbluediver
2017-02-24, 01:38 PM
What version of the game is this for? I'm only familiar with 3.5 and I don't want to give bad feedback if you are intending this for 5th edition or whatever.

Edit: I noticed that you mentioned "advantage" in one of the abilities, so I assume it's not meant for 3.5

gfishfunk
2017-02-24, 01:50 PM
This appears to be a 5e creature.

I would drop the saves. a 1/8 CR creature should not have good saves at all, so proficiency in 3 saves is a bit much. The resistance / vulnerability makes sense. I would get rid of the immunity - but you can keep it.

For a 1/8 CR creature, I think to myself 'what detail is the defining detail, the thing that I can use in some encounters to make it more difficult.' I think that is devil sight for this thing. On its own, no big deal. With magical darkness up, this thing can get more mileage. Keep Devil's Sight and make a companion creature that can create magical darkness.

Peter stonefist
2017-02-24, 06:40 PM
thanks for the info and yes its for 5e

Peter stonefist
2017-02-24, 06:45 PM
is this any better?

**Drakeling**
*Tiny dragon (drake), neutral evil*
___
**Armor Class** 12
**Hit Points** 7 (3d4)
**Speed** 15 ft., burrow 1 ft., climb 5 ft., fly 20 ft.
___
STR | DEX | CON | INT | WIS | CHA
:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|:-:|
7 (-2)|13 (+1)|11 (+0)|4 (-3)|10 (+0)|4 (-3)|
___
**Skills** Arcana -2
**Damage Resistances** fire
**Damage Vulnerabilities** cold
**Senses** darkvision 45 ft., passive Perception 10
**Languages** Draconic (Understands)
**Challenge** 1/8 (25 XP)
___
**Devil's Sight.** Magical darkness doesn't impede the Drakeling's darkvision.
**Keen Senses.** The Drakeling has advantatge on Wisdom (Perception) checks that rely on sight, hearing or smell.
**Limited Telepathy.** The Drakeling can magically communicate simple ideas, emotions and images telepathically with any creature within 100 feet of it that can understand a language.
___
**--Actions--**
**Bite.** *Melee Weapon Attack:* +0 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. *Hit:* 4 (1d4+2) fire damage2) fire damage.
___

Its or my lve 2 party if that helps and how many?:smallsmile:

gfishfunk
2017-02-25, 12:22 PM
Yeah. That's great. I imagine they should be able to take out 3 or 4 in an encounter, depending on how they roll.

It's worthwhile to note that whenever the enemy has a specific damage type other than piecing, slashing, or bludgeoning, they will be slightly more dangerous to some players. But due is one of the more resisted damages for players via sorcerers and dragonborn.