PDA

View Full Version : My god! The customization!

SangoProduction
2017-02-23, 12:17 AM
So, one of my DMs is wanting to run a gestalt game at level 10, with no multiclassing.

So, I'm going Aegis (Aberrant) 10 // Umbramorph (Shadow Scholar) 10.

I think the Umbramorph may be a homebrew (made by the DM), so here's the important bit about its class feature, umbral costume.

The umbral costume grants the umbramorph an evolution pool, like that possessed by a summoner's eidolon, containing a number of evolution points equal to 3 + 1/2 the umbramorph's class level.

And the "umbral costume" basically changes the user to become like an eidolon. So, in total, I have 14 Aegis customization points, and 8 eidolon evolution points.

That's so much it's actually getting hard to like...keep it straight in my head. Can someone help me build a setup or two that takes advantage of the 2 customization pools? He is supposed to be something of a bruiser to help the fighter//rogue do his thing. (Hey, some people have simple needs.)

I'll probably be using the Initiator customizations from Path of War (Expanded).

SangoProduction
2017-02-23, 02:52 AM
Ability Increase (from Evolution pool) seems to provide an unnamed bonus. Does that mean it stacks with enhancement bonuses, like the Aegis suit?

Also, from the Evolution pool, is Grab, which grants +4 CMB to grapple, and grants the grab ability. So, that's +8 from that alone. Was that intended/errata'd? Taken with 4 instances of Tentacles from Aberration (Aegis), and Pincers, you'd only be suffering a -4 to inflict grapple while not being grappled yourself.

Grappling's not amazing at 10th level, but it seems... a bit much. Is there a way to cancel freedom of movement? Given that 3.5's allowed as well, we can take Aberration Blood and Deepspawn to mean we get a total of +20 to grapple. Does Pathfinder have any spells that deal damage on grapple?

And for the max attacks. It doesn't say it can't gain more natural attacks by other means (such as Aegis), only that you can't take an evolution that gives additional attacks. That means I can get the evolutions rolling, and then put on the Aegis and be set?

Dagroth
2017-02-23, 03:20 AM
Ability Increase (from Evolution pool) seems to provide an unnamed bonus. Does that mean it stacks with enhancement bonuses, like the Aegis suit?

Also, from the Evolution pool, is Grab, which grants +4 CMB to grapple, and grants the grab ability. So, that's +8 from that alone. Was that intended/errata'd? Taken with 4 instances of Tentacles from Aberration (Aegis), and Pincers, you'd only be suffering a -4 to inflict grapple while not being grappled yourself.

Grappling's not amazing at 10th level, but it seems... a bit much. Is there a way to cancel freedom of movement? Given that 3.5's allowed as well, we can take Aberration Blood and Deepspawn to mean we get a total of +20 to grapple. Does Pathfinder have any spells that deal damage on grapple?

And for the max attacks. It doesn't say it can't gain more natural attacks by other means (such as Aegis), only that you can't take an evolution that gives additional attacks. That means I can get the evolutions rolling, and then put on the Aegis and be set?

Cleric Spell from Spell Compendium Balor's Nimbus will do damage when you grapple or are grappled.

SangoProduction
2017-02-23, 04:00 AM
Cleric Spell from Spell Compendium Balor's Nimbus will do damage when you grapple or are grappled.

Yeah, and Babao Slime as well, in 3.5. I was wondering if Pathfinder had similar spells.

SangoProduction
2017-02-23, 06:00 AM
I wonder if it's at all worth it to take Swallow Whole if I'm going the grappling route, since Aegis can make me up to Huge size. Of course, so can the Evolve pool...and that one grants bonuses. Does Aegis's size increases grant the same bonuses, inherent in increasing in size, or no, it's just the Eidolon's evolution-specific thing.