PDA

View Full Version : Making a 10 year old deadly

80sSkeletor
2017-02-23, 02:43 PM
So recently I became interested in Youjo Senki, or "Saga of Tanya the Evil". My dm is making a new campaign and I realized it would be good for Tanya. So what I need to know is the base class that would work best. Also prestige classes maybe.

Flickerdart
2017-02-23, 02:43 PM
The best way to make a 10-year-old deadly is to have him carry a virulent disease that causes a pandemic.

Psyren
2017-02-23, 02:51 PM
OP, perhaps you should summarize this character's abilities for those who have not seen that particular anime/manga/other, along with linking a wiki page or some other source that explains what they can do?

As a general rule, 3.5/PF are bad at recreating anime characters perfectly unless you start throwing in templates and the like but it's worth a try.

Spellbreaker26
2017-02-23, 02:53 PM
Sorcerer is, in my mind, the best class for making child characters dangerous. You might be a small child, but you have access to raw magic that you yourself can barely comprehend which lets you stand toe-to-toe against some very dangerous threats.

80sSkeletor
2017-02-23, 02:55 PM
OP, perhaps you should summarize this character's abilities for those who have not seen that particular anime/manga/other, along with linking a wiki page or some other source that explains what they can do?

As a general rule, 3.5/PF are bad at recreating anime characters perfectly unless you start throwing in templates and the like but it's worth a try.

Thanks I didnt think about that. She is kind of a spellcaster, that would classify as arcane because it relies on mana in a way. However every time she casts a spell she has to pray to god for strength. So the problem I face is whether to go for arcane or divine. Also as with most japanimations she has natural talent with magic so that leans toward sorcerer-esque playstyle. And she is a military commander if that helps.

Flickerdart
2017-02-23, 02:59 PM
Thanks I didnt think about that. She is kind of a spellcaster, that would classify as arcane because it relies on mana in a way. However every time she casts a spell she has to pray to god for strength. So the problem I face is whether to go for arcane or divine. Also as with most japanimations she has natural talent with magic so that leans toward sorcerer-esque playstyle. And she is a military commander if that helps.

Favored Soul should work - they learn spells like a sorcerer, more through natural talent than study, and they are partly Charisma based, which helps commanders command.

NOhara24
2017-02-23, 03:00 PM

10 years old.
Gifted in Magic and its use.
Already somehow in a position of leadership.

If Mary Sue was a playable class...

Spellbreaker26
2017-02-23, 03:01 PM
Favored Soul should work - they learn spells like a sorcerer, more through natural talent than study, and they are partly Charisma based, which helps commanders command.

And they draw their strength from a deity - so it really sounds like Favoured Soul fits the bill.

HurinTheCursed
2017-02-23, 03:19 PM
My first thought was an intelligent undead since it kinda removes the supposed lack of experience from the equation.

If the manga character is nature oriented, druid could be interesting since they prey and have a natural talent (as opposed to wizards) and love animals like most kids. That because she could be a reincarnate general and even justify her age by timeless body if she was higher level. And druid are deadly.

Flickerdart
2017-02-23, 03:23 PM
My first thought was an intelligent undead since it kinda removes the supposed lack of experience from the equation.

If the manga character is nature oriented, druid could be interesting since they prey and have a natural talent (as opposed to wizards) and love animals like most kids. That because she could be a reincarnate general and even justify her age by timeless body if she was higher level. And druid are deadly.

Reincarnate creates a young adult body...though there are short-lived races where a 10 year old would be considered a young adult, for example Pterran or Thri-kreen.

Quertus
2017-02-23, 04:58 PM
The best way to make a 10-year-old deadly is to have him carry a virulent disease that causes a pandemic.

Imagine my surprise to discover someone already said what I was going to say!

Although I did have a few backup plans, like power leveling as a tier 1 caster, and using leadership to get Pun-Pun as a follower.

10 years old.
Gifted in Magic and its use.
Already somehow in a position of leadership.

If Mary Sue was a playable class...

That was a good one! Thanks for the laugh!

nintendoh
2017-02-23, 06:48 PM
The objective is to make a ten year old deadly. Give her a deck of many things that only work for other people. Play poker. Deadly ten year only

Zanos
2017-02-23, 06:51 PM
Aren't 10 year old PCs a virulent disease themselves? At least, I feel sick around them.

Flickerdart
2017-02-23, 07:15 PM
Aren't 10 year old PCs a virulent disease themselves? At least, I feel sick around them.

Which is why it's perfect - no one will suspect a thing until people start dropping dead!

Jack_Simth
2017-02-23, 07:21 PM
Which is why it's perfect - no one will suspect a thing until people start dropping dead!
Don't characters generally start dropping dead around PC's anyway?

ExLibrisMortis
2017-02-23, 07:21 PM
The original mailman was an eight-year-old kobold. So, err, pick any good build, write '10 years old' on the sheet, and go?

As for class, military commanders in D&D are typically charisma-based (though tacticians are int-based), so I'll second favoured soul. You can also go sorcerer, and homebrew a flaw that requires you to have a holy symbol and spend some extra time to cast any spells.

atemu1234
2017-02-23, 07:29 PM
Re. the title: Give them sugar and run.

CartmanTuttle
2017-02-23, 11:22 PM
Although we seem to be overlooking something...

Psionics. Closest thing to Psychic powers in D&D. Them make them an autistic mute. That's how you make a child deadly.

CrazyNoob
2017-02-24, 12:07 AM
Make the child Chaotic nuetral to TN without a care of consequences, who does whatever they want but just doesn't care of about end result and for no particular gratification other than just doing it for curiosity sake while being completely oblivious of a moral compass.

could possibly be a meta creation psion with panaphobia.. sounds fun but very difficult to RP.. Could be interesting if the psi crystal or the astral constructs is their source of courage.

Give the kid a wand of wonder, or make them a walking wand of wonder whenever someone touches or the kid touches something.

Ashtagon
2017-02-24, 12:22 AM
So recently I became interested in Youjo Senki, or "Saga of Tanya the Evil". My dm is making a new campaign and I realized it would be good for Tanya. So what I need to know is the base class that would work best. Also prestige classes maybe.

Having actually seen the first two episodes of this, I'd go with sorcerer, and definitely not any divine caster class, unless it is despite the gods rather than because of them.

Unless her characterisation develops over time in later episodes, she doesn't so much pray to a deity as cuss them out.

80sSkeletor
2017-02-24, 12:58 AM
Having actually seen the first two episodes of this, I'd go with sorcerer, and definitely not any divine caster class, unless it is despite the gods rather than because of them.

Unless her characterisation develops over time in later episodes, she doesn't so much pray to a deity as cuss them out.

Its cursing the whole series at Being X

Malroth
2017-02-24, 01:17 AM
She's most like a Sorcorer with a Paladin of Tyrrany dip then going into Abjurant champion.

Manyasone
2017-02-24, 01:26 AM
Make the child Chaotic nuetral to TN without a care of consequences, who does whatever they want but just doesn't care of about end result and for no particular gratification other than just doing it for curiosity sake while being completely oblivious of a moral compass

What? Like all kids ever?

Malroth
2017-02-24, 01:41 AM
She's Pretty much squarely between "The Bad cop" and "The Bureaucrat" in the Lawful Evil guidebook, she occasionally acts spontaneous or short sighted but only in furtherance of a much larger plan and cares only for her own political advancement and safety . In short no she's not Chaotic anything and even a neutral ethical framework would be a stretch. Evil though is right on the money.

Thurbane
2017-02-24, 01:41 AM
Is this for a PC or NPC? If it's an NPC, then Unholy Scion: the template makes them terrifying from the moment they are conceived.