PDA

View Full Version : Star vs Forces of Evil

Spanish_Paladin
2017-02-23, 03:14 PM
Someone who likes Star vs Forces of Evil here?

I need to talk about my Starco broken heart after watching "just friends" :smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:

BiblioRook
2017-02-23, 04:39 PM
I love this show, though I have to catch up on it as I'm a bit behind. I'm usually not much for the 'zany and random' kind of humor but something about it just go me invested.

Starbuck_II
2017-02-23, 11:51 PM
Someone who likes Star vs Forces of Evil here?

I need to talk about my Starco broken heart after watching "just friends" :smallfrown::smallfrown::smallfrown:
Haven't watched it, yet only read Synopsis so far. Love that show.

Come on, you know how she likes him. But since she won't admit it (even blew up a lie detector game so he wouldn't know) and he assumes they are "just Friends". So he goes after Jackie. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll realize how her true feelings in time.

I like how she cares about him and doesn't act jealous.

brionl
2017-02-24, 12:24 AM
The first couple of episodes, I didn't much care for. Lately though it's been pretty good. The stuff with Ludo, Toffee & Glossaric (sp?) is shaping up to be really interesting. Even the more random/zany stuff like the recent "All Belts are Off" about the Dojo are nice.

Spanish_Paladin
2017-02-24, 05:17 AM
I love this show, though I have to catch up on it as I'm a bit behind. I'm usually not much for the 'zany and random' kind of humor but something about it just go me invested.

Yeah, itīs a bit random, but the show has its charm.

Haven't watched it, yet only read Synopsis so far. Love that show.

Come on, you know how she likes him. But since she won't admit it (even blew up a lie detector game so he wouldn't know) and he assumes they are "just Friends". So he goes after Jackie. Don't worry, I'm sure he'll realize how her true feelings in time.

I like how she cares about him and doesn't act jealous.

Donīt get me wrong, I like Jackie, she is cool and nice... but Star and Marco are made for each other. Yeah, Star is sacrificing her feelings for Marcoīs happiness. I hope you are right and he realizes it before is too late :smallfrown:

The first couple of episodes, I didn't much care for. Lately though it's been pretty good. The stuff with Ludo, Toffee & Glossaric (sp?) is shaping up to be really interesting. Even the more random/zany stuff like the recent "All Belts are Off" about the Dojo are nice.

Yeah, the villains are getting my interest since the begining of season two. And the dojo story is great, i am fan of the Grand Master!! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Zmeoaice
2017-02-24, 03:19 PM
I hope Starco never happens. Marco and Star are pretty mismatched as lovers tbh. Star comes across as Marco's annoying younger sister.

Marco deserves someone better anyways. Star is dense and reckless.

BiblioRook
2017-02-25, 12:26 AM
If we are talking ideals I probably would go with ditching the romantic sub-plots all together, it's just a trope that always annoys me. Don't get me wrong, I like Jackie just fine and I'm hardly suggesting they get rid of her but I think she would be more interesting if developed beyond 'girl Marco goes googly over'. Maybe make her something to a Wendy to Marco's Dipper (not that that romantic sup-plot stay closed like it should have... much to my chagrin...).

Spanish_Paladin
2017-02-25, 07:40 AM
Yeah, some character development for Jackie would make Jarco more interesting.

Starco forever, Starco forever, Starco foreeeeeveeer

Spanish_Paladin
2017-02-27, 10:35 AM
Ok, now i am very sad...

ThinkMinty
2017-02-27, 11:11 AM
Yeah, some character development for Jackie would make Jarco more interesting.

Starco forever, Starco forever, Starco foreeeeeveeer

Oh, definitely.

Then again, I'm one of those people shipping Marco with Hekapoo. She's like a thick scented candle made outta sass.

Gobblin goblin
2017-02-27, 12:26 PM
Donīt get me wrong, I like Jackie, she is cool and nice... but Star and Marco are made for each other. Yeah, Star is sacrificing her feelings for Marcoīs happiness. I hope you are right and he realizes it before is too late :smallfrown:

Honestly. I don't think Star and Marco are gonna wind up together,
but hey thats just me and I haven't seen the whole show yet. :smallfrown:

The Extinguisher
2017-02-27, 01:01 PM
What a season finale. Would probably have been nicer if we didn't have a long break and then the rest of the season in like two weeks but whatever.

Spanish_Paladin
2017-02-28, 05:41 PM
It canīt end like thisssssss.... OMG!!, i canīt wait until season 3. I love and hate them at the same time :smalleek:

Razade
2017-02-28, 05:59 PM
I never thought there'd be so many ships, it's been obvious from day one that Star and Marco are going to get together and nothing in Season 2 has made me change that thought. Guess...fandoms are what they are.

I like Star vs the Forces of Evil when it's dealing with the meta-plot with the monsters and the Mewni stuff and how Marco and Star factor in to that whole thing. The slice of life-y lesson an episode stuff really doesn't appeal to me in any sort of meaningful way. The show's strength is building good and interesting characters and exploring them. When it's just lolzany it just feels like every other cartoon out there. Hopefully with the stakes raising in season 2, we'll see less "Star makes a mess, Star cleans the mess and Marco et all are caught in it until then" episodes.

brionl
2017-03-02, 11:49 AM
Tell me about your mother (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_an_YupJAI), Ludo.

Spanish_Paladin
2017-03-02, 12:49 PM
Tell me about your mother (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_an_YupJAI), Ludo.

I thought the same thing in that scene:smallbiggrin:

The Fury
2017-03-23, 11:04 AM
I never thought there'd be so many ships, it's been obvious from day one that Star and Marco are going to get together and nothing in Season 2 has made me change that thought. Guess...fandoms are what they are.

Yeah, it turns out that it's a pretty shippy series. I'm calling it though-- realistically it's probably going to end with Starco. Not my favorite ship by any means, I'd prefer if neither Star nor Marco ended up in a relationship with anyone and were actually OK with that. That never happens in shows where shipping is a thing though. Though I kind of felt bad for Jackie when she was expecting Marco to feed her pizza nuggets and he wandered off to talk with Star. I guess it could have been funny if Jackie was being horrible, but she's actually super nice.

For me though, shipping is generally the least interesting aspect of any series. There's been a few things I've been wondering about since Season 1, like how Jana had the book of spells briefly and was seen feeding Glossaryck pudding. So presumably Glossaryck told Jana about some kind of magic stuff, but what did she learn from him? Or the sandwiches in Storm the Castle-- there's the one that Marco and Star partially retrieved in the beginning, then there's the one Toffee offered Marco in a later scene. I wouldn't consider it significant if they were generic-looking stock props, but they're rather odd in appearance. They're both thick... club sandwiches I guess? Held together with a toothpick and an olive, and have those weird floating sparkly lights around them. Also, Marco reacts the same way to them in both scenes-- he refuses them. I'm sure that they're meant to symbolize something, or otherwise significant, I'm just not sure how. That's how it goes with me I guess... pudding and sandwiches: the focus of my speculation.

Then there's all this craziness with Toffee returning! The bit with the book had me wondering, did Toffee literally absorb the book's contents leaving the pages blank? Also, did he just straight up murder the Magic High Commission? Did his apparent "draining of their life force" thing mean he obtained their powers too? Because Toffee with Hekapoo's powers is a terrifying thought!

Prince Zahn
2017-04-02, 05:08 AM
It took me quite a while, but I just caught up with the season.
Hoooooooooooollyy ****! that really did escalate pretty darn quickly. but it sort of makes sense that the voice Ludo heard in the wand was Toffee all along. Ludo has a very bad habit of listening to him when he shouldn't.

I have a feeling that Toffee didn't reach Glossarick, somehow. for a hedonistic and selfish bastard he is a pretty smart cookie. I'm sure he escaped somewhere, maybe gone on a brief pudding-binge vacation in Quest-Buy's dairy aisle. :smalltongue::smallwink:

Starco can still be a thing, I actually hope it happens, they really aren't the best match for each other but Jackie is not the better option IMO. she's really nice and sweet to him, to the point she can turn a blind eye to all the awkward mess of Red-belt teenage Dork that Marco represents (which is not an easy feat), but she has a bit of a one-track mind, doesn't she?

Bohandas
2017-04-14, 11:56 PM
Star is the best Disney primcess. Except Princess Leia. And possibly Fang.