PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Which way to take a build?

BobsYourUncle!
2017-02-23, 06:18 PM
Current build is :

Barb-2
Fight-2
Fist of Forest-3
Bear Warrior-1
Warshaper-3

Total Level: 11

Thinking about where to take the next 9 levels I have 4 choices so far:

1:

Bear Warrior-4
Warshaper-1
Ranger/Scout- 4

2:

Bard-2
Dragon Disciple- 7

3:

Druid-9 (Huntsman Variant)

4:

Scout-5
Ranger-4 (Swift Hunter)

what are your thoughts on the route I should take :)

Allowed Books:

Completes,
Players Handbook 1 and 2
DMG
Monster Manual

Dagroth
2017-02-23, 09:54 PM
Current build is :

Barb-2
Fight-2
Fist of Forest-3
Bear Warrior-1
Warshaper-3

Total Level: 11

Thinking about where to take the next 9 levels I have 4 choices so far:

1:

Bear Warrior-4
Warshaper-1
Ranger/Scout- 4

2:

Bard-2
Dragon Disciple- 7

3:

Druid-9 (Huntsman Variant)

4:

Scout-5
Ranger-4 (Swift Hunter)

what are your thoughts on the route I should take :)

Allowed Books:

Completes,
Players Handbook 1 and 2
DMG
Monster Manual

Get yourself a Monk's Belt with a Wilding Clasp. Or, if your Wis is pretty low, Bracers of Armor with a Wilding Clasp. Amulet of Mighty Fists or Necklace of Natural Weapons with a Wilding Clasp.

I'm hoping you got Lion Totem Barbarian for Pounce, which makes Scout levels very useful.

Going Druid this late seems a waste... and if you go Ranger, see if you can't get the Mystic Ranger that lets you get spells right away.

Also, what race are you? I'm hoping Human. Get Scout 2/Ranger 7 to avoid multi-classing penalties. Or go Ranger 2/Scout 7 for Flawless Stride & Evasion.

You want Scout 2 at least to increase your Uncanny Dodge to Improved Uncanny Dodge.

BobsYourUncle!
2017-02-24, 09:16 AM
thank you, I couldn't take lion totem it was not allowed by DM. This is a pretty low power game. not much allowed. wilding clasp is on my to do list for sure:) have the bracers of armor already. And actually no I started as Dwarf instead of human:) wanted to mix it up a bit. I liked the idea of an angry short dwarf becoming a bear :) and I have uncanny dodge already :) comes with Fist of the Forest:) but adding more levels to the level of the rogue needed to overcome always useful. Monks belt?

And yeah Ranger and bard ways are bit unusual I agree. the idea of a breath weapon and str boosts are nice. The stat buy for the game was pretty low so best stat I could get was a 14. and Druid with that huntsman variant which I did get approved if I wanted it would add movement, a wis mod to armor, a favored enemy and track lol along with spells thought was an unusal choice. i agree maybe not the most opt.

always willing to hear other opinions as well:)

Dagroth
2017-02-24, 01:10 PM
thank you, I couldn't take lion totem it was not allowed by DM. This is a pretty low power game. not much allowed. wilding clasp is on my to do list for sure:) have the bracers of armor already. And actually no I started as Dwarf instead of human:) wanted to mix it up a bit. I liked the idea of an angry short dwarf becoming a bear :) and I have uncanny dodge already :) comes with Fist of the Forest:) but adding more levels to the level of the rogue needed to overcome always useful. Monks belt?

And yeah Ranger and bard ways are bit unusual I agree. the idea of a breath weapon and str boosts are nice. The stat buy for the game was pretty low so best stat I could get was a 14. and Druid with that huntsman variant which I did get approved if I wanted it would add movement, a wis mod to armor, a favored enemy and track lol along with spells thought was an unusal choice. i agree maybe not the most opt.

always willing to hear other opinions as well:)

A Monk's Belt (Dungeon Master's Guide) gives you Wis-to-AC +1 (Since it treats you as a 4th level Monk). Since you can't wear armor anyway (because of Fist of the Forest's Con-to-AC), it's a good option.

If you want a breath weapon, the Dragonfire Adept from Dragon Magic could be a way to go. You'll want more times to turn into a Bear, because a fire-breathing Bear is cool.

BobsYourUncle!
2017-02-24, 01:17 PM
will look into dragonfire adept:) thank you. although breath weapon would need to be used out of bear form due to that rage restriction:) still fun to spit fire then turn into a bear:)

Dagroth
2017-02-24, 02:43 PM
will look into dragonfire adept:) thank you. although breath weapon would need to be used out of bear form due to that rage restriction:) still fun to spit fire then turn into a bear:)

Actually, even if you're raging you can use the breath weapon of a Dragonfire Adept. It's an SLA that scales with class level and is useable every round (like a Warlock's EB).

BobsYourUncle!
2017-02-25, 08:27 AM
thanks again Dargoth:)

Anyone or any other thoughts?