PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder What happened to this playtest? [Dread Prince]

thecrimsondawn
2017-02-24, 01:10 AM
I saw a post about it ages ago, and I saved the pdf by chance. However even with excessive google searches, I cant find ANYTHING on it at all. Its like a ghost that never was.
For the record, the Dread Prince was a path of war Harbinger archetype that was mostly mediocre in power save a couple of nice build points.

Does anyone know if this was scrapped, canceled, leaked too early, or what? Asking mostly in the event there is an update of some sort to it before I play it in our next game.

MilleniaAntares
2017-02-24, 02:01 AM
Here (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QxlWQjtbHba89Va-qbA88j8hdyXScl1CcOlPirH-i9g/edit) is the document, it was mostly linked over on 4chan's Pathfinder General (aka /pfg/) threads. I don't believe it was anything other than a person's homebrew; it's not likely to have been intended for any sort of publishing.

khadgar567
2017-02-24, 02:07 AM
Agreed with miliena looks like dread prince is homebrew since we dont have shaterred mirror discipline as one of the cannon dispilines its deffinetly home brew

Tuvarkz
2017-02-24, 02:21 AM
It is homebrew (looked it up), but @khadgar567: Shattered Mirror IS an actual DSP discipline.

khadgar567
2017-02-24, 04:00 AM
It is homebrew (looked it up), but @khadgar567: Shattered Mirror IS an actual DSP discipline.
Sorry my bad. I checked it right after i post it

thecrimsondawn
2017-02-24, 07:38 AM
I find that interesting tho. The place I downloaded the pdf from was a google drive, and it was a google drive that had all the other playtests for DSP that where going on. I also found the thread here under a DSPs title, so I never considered that a possibility.

Of course there is always the chance my brain is screwing with me big time and I have this all wrong, but I would like to think im not that crazy yet, lol :p

Lord_Gareth
2017-02-24, 10:48 AM
I find that interesting tho. The place I downloaded the pdf from was a google drive, and it was a google drive that had all the other playtests for DSP that where going on. I also found the thread here under a DSPs title, so I never considered that a possibility.

Of course there is always the chance my brain is screwing with me big time and I have this all wrong, but I would like to think im not that crazy yet, lol :p

It's homebrew, an' always was. We did end up bringing its author on board for something else and IIRC she has hopes to get Dread Prince into a state to present it for potential publishing, but as of now it's strictly homebrew.

thecrimsondawn
2017-02-24, 08:16 PM
It's homebrew, an' always was. We did end up bringing its author on board for something else and IIRC she has hopes to get Dread Prince into a state to present it for potential publishing, but as of now it's strictly homebrew.

Ok, well thanks for clearing that up everyone. I feel its a good idea of a class, and it feels a bit unchained like too, but it came out before the Harbinger nerf, so its a tad under powered. Trying to talk my DM into letting me play the beta Harbinger for when I play this guy :p

I look forward to any additional PoW stuff you guys publish :)