PDA

View Full Version : [Equipment] Pump up the Bass!

Korias
2007-07-23, 09:30 PM
Bass Cannon
The Bass Cannon is a small, rectangular box with a conical indentation on one side. It is used to be connected with any stringed musical instrument (Lute, Guitar, Piano, Keyboard...) and amplify the frequency of the sound. It has two settings: High Frequency, and High Voltage.

When Connected in High Frequency, It can produce an effect like that of the Spell Shatter. This mode is usable only 3/day, as the Creator's Caster level (Default CL 6)
When in High Voltage Mode, It is used as a weapon. Any targets in a 30Ft cone take 2d6 Sonic Damage.
The device is often attached somehow to the instrument, so that it faces in generaly the same direction as you.

Cost: 1000 GP. Caster level 6, Strong Evocation, Shatter, Ghost Sound.
Weight: 1 LBS

Bass Cannon, Greater
As a Bass Cannon, but deals 4d6 Sonic Damage and has 5 uses of Shatter Per Day.
Weight: 3 LBS, 3000 GP Caster Level 12, Strong Evocation.
Bass Cannon, Mega
This Version Deals 10d6 Sonic Damage in a 100 foot Radius (Centered on the Carrier, who is immune), and 12 Uses of Shatter. Its generaly worn as a backpack.
Weight: 30 LBS, 50,000 GP
This is for those Bards who want to be a bit stronger in the department of damage, and those that want to simply have massive amounts of bass.

DracoDei
2007-07-24, 03:36 AM
Think the Mega version should get more uses of shatter... probably a typo.

Zeta Kai
2007-07-24, 06:36 AM
Its generaly worn as a backpack.

Wouldn't that mean that it would shoot out its effects behind you? I know that D&D doesn't use facing rules as a standard, but allowing a PC to wear a backpack that shot at opponents in front of him would be a disbelief that I couldn't suspend.

Korias
2007-07-24, 08:35 AM
Only the Mega Version, and that has a Radius attack. The other ones, which I should have mentioned, are attached to the front of the musical instrument.

I'll edit that now.

Triaxx
2007-07-24, 10:16 AM
I like it, though I expected a method of increasing the range of bard song, rather than this.