PDA

View Full Version : A few questions about polymorphing

Dagroth
2017-02-24, 02:10 AM
My RKV Cleric has recently come into possession of a scroll of Polymorph Any Object. I'm not actually that interested on using it on myself because I've got good bonuses from my template.

I am interested in using it on the party's Half-Elf Duskblade. He's 16th level right now.

When trying for a permenant transformation, what are our best options?

If our Sorcerer/Rogue (CL15) gets Polymorph and Polymorphs him first, can we then Polymorph Any Object him into... what he currently is (because of the Polymorph) and make it permanent that way?

He's a single-class half-elf, so I'm not worried about him losing anything... but I know he won't want to turn into something monstrous.

Venger
2017-02-24, 02:50 AM
My RKV Cleric has recently come into possession of a scroll of Polymorph Any Object. I'm not actually that interested on using it on myself because I've got good bonuses from my template.

I am interested in using it on the party's Half-Elf Duskblade. He's 16th level right now.

When trying for a permenant transformation, what are our best options?

If our Sorcerer/Rogue (CL15) gets Polymorph and Polymorphs him first, can we then Polymorph Any Object him into... what he currently is (because of the Polymorph) and make it permanent that way?

He's a single-class half-elf, so I'm not worried about him losing anything... but I know he won't want to turn into something monstrous.

this (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=519.0) should get you acquainted with basic options.

Yes, if you polymorph into X first and then PaO yourself into X, then it's permanent, that's what the spell is for.

If he wants to remain vaguely hominid (which is what I assume you mean by monstrous) there are still plenty of options. Do you know what kinds of special powers he wants?

Dagroth
2017-02-24, 02:54 AM
this (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=519.0) should get you acquainted with basic options.

Yes, if you polymorph into X first and then PaO yourself into X, then it's permanent, that's what the spell is for.

If he wants to remain vaguely hominid (which is what I assume you mean by monstrous) there are still plenty of options. Do you know what kinds of special powers he wants?

I assume he's looking for stuff to help him in melee combat... if it helps his Duskblade abilities, so much the better.

Venger
2017-02-24, 02:57 AM
I assume he's looking for stuff to help him in melee combat... if it helps his Duskblade abilities, so much the better.

Remember PaO imparts the intelligence of your new shape also, so it might behoove him to look for smarty pants monsters in addition to brutish ones. Normally a dragon would fit the bill, but you've implied he wants to stay human shaped, so perhaps something like an ethergaunt. They're a bit lumpy, but nothing a hat of disguise won't fix.