PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next True Necromancer 5e converstion (full class)

Lazorus
2017-02-24, 10:54 AM
Hello all dwellers of the dark,
My name is Art Wood, and sense the beginning of D&D 3.0 I have tried to play a necromancer but it had always seemed to fall short of my expectations. So, with the new 5th edition D&D I have finally created my own class based upon the older versions of the older classic renditions. I tried to stay true to the older classes while still adding my own spin on things influenced by things such as Diablo and other necromancer archetypes. Please feel free to download and comment on the class. I even used classic art from the old D&D art to try and keep that classic feel. I know there my be (hopefully not) spelling errors and things of that nature feel free to point them out but please be professional with me as this is my 1st attempt at designing my own D&D 5e class.

Thanx all and I hope you enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B009Y2DD5YLKelNIdGhLLXh3b2s

EDIT: For those of you new to the thread this is the final x3 (*sigh) rendition in the link here...

Lazorus
2017-02-24, 05:27 PM
My 1st attempt at making a 5e class. Need feedback please. :)

Mcdjangali
2017-02-25, 02:48 PM
What type of action is required to use Sanguin's Gift?

gfishfunk
2017-02-25, 03:59 PM
I like the class. I'll give a more detailed review later and throw out random ideas.

HP at level 1: 6 + Int. You can do that, but you need to provide a reason. Consider instead doing 6 + Con and have a level 1 feature that gives + Int to hp at level 1.

Saves: probably should be wisdom instead of constitution. Every caster class cannot have constitution.

Spells known: Why so many known spells? They should probably have less due to their specific focus in necromancy. I glanced at the spell lists and they are way too large, IMO.

Aura of Dread: you should have a trigger, such as entering the aura or kicked off on a bonus action.

One With Death: consider making it level 11. It's a big boon, and big upgrades should be handed out at levels 5, 11, and 16. I would make the subclass features level 10 instead.

I'll finish reading through later.

gfishfunk
2017-02-25, 07:29 PM
Sanguin's Gift is way overpowered with the healing. It is compatible to Vampiric Touch but for an hour and no concentration. Consider pushing it back to level 10 or later. Also, the logic of the power suggests that the additional damage is poison damage. It's not as potential due to resistances, and that is a good thing.

Blood Magus is overall too powerful. Just about any one feature in the class could be its own subclass. Granting the class sorcery meta magic through HP kids could be the sole feature and it would still be very powerful. Sanguine Gift could be the sole power as written and it would be very powerful.

Block is extremely unclear. Can enemies target the necromancer? Can the target project the necromancer out. Interesting concept and needs a lot more work.

Sanguine Control needs a duration and should be a once a day ability.

Your initial Spirit Reaper Ankita should have a title. Your summon Specter looks pretty good. Maybe make it require concentration.

Etheralness is pretty cool. It should be a higher level ability for balance purposes. You can effectively skip locked doors, walls, and other hazards as long as they are known. That's is probably a level 11 ability or higher. It's much more effective than you would guess offhand.

Final thoughts: the subclass abilities are a little overpowered. Also, the class should not be able to retain lost spells because it has so many other features. Same thing with spells known. This class should have one of the least amounts of spells known, not the most.

Lazorus
2017-02-26, 02:18 AM
Sanguin's Gift is way overpowered with the healing. It is compatible to Vampiric Touch but for an hour and no concentration. Consider pushing it back to level 10 or later. Also, the logic of the power suggests that the additional damage is poison damage. It's not as potential due to resistances, and that is a good thing.

Blood Magus is overall too powerful. Just about any one feature in the class could be its own subclass. Granting the class sorcery meta magic through HP kids could be the sole feature and it would still be very powerful. Sanguine Gift could be the sole power as written and it would be very powerful.

Block is extremely unclear. Can enemies target the necromancer? Can the target project the necromancer out. Interesting concept and needs a lot more work.

Sanguine Control needs a duration and should be a once a day ability.

Your initial Spirit Reaper Ankita should have a title. Your summon Specter looks pretty good. Maybe make it require concentration.

Etheralness is pretty cool. It should be a higher level ability for balance purposes. You can effectively skip locked doors, walls, and other hazards as long as they are known. That's is probably a level 11 ability or higher. It's much more effective than you would guess offhand.

Final thoughts: the subclass abilities are a little overpowered. Also, the class should not be able to retain lost spells because it has so many other features. Same thing with spells known. This class should have one of the least amounts of spells known, not the most.

* To be honest the whole spell chart was stolen from the Bard and I was trying to make the spellcasting unique in that they were more spontaneous in a way.
* The whole HP issue was to help out surviveability at bit without bumping them to a D8 for overall HP. Also, to make it a bit unique :)
* One with Death is 10th level as to not double up on class and sub-class features in one level, thus slowly gaining abilities as you level.
* Blood Magus heavily relies on hp sacrifice, so I thought it was balanced. Plus, healing an additional 1d6 on a melee hit is pretty meh I think. Also, not being able to heal the initial 3 points sacrificed as a character with a D6 hit-die seems fair. I can see turning it to poison damage also, but that would effect allot of their healing vs. creatures with poison resistance witch is all undead, constructs, oozes, fiends, and demons and even some monstrosities or aberrations. I figured necrotic damage would be the way to at least keep the ability sustainable.
* OK, So I'll make Sanguine's Gift a "Bonus Action" and make the duration 1 min (10 rounds) instead. Funny thing is a Blood Magus is always on the crap end against a Ranger with Hunter and Colossus Slayer ;)
* Yea it was an editing issue ..no room
* Sanguine Control needs a duration and should be a once a day ability. Yea I forgot to say it was Concentration a number of times per day equal to your Con. modifier.
* The idea was the Specter and you have a Spirit Contract of sorts for a brief duration.
* Ghost Walk is a 7th level ability in line with the spell, so I figured it would be balanced. However sense you don't get 7th level spells till 12th level I can see your point.
* As far as retaining or recovering spell slots I assume you mean "Arcane Recovery"? Otherwise they can only change spells they have prepared on a short rest and do not recover the actual spell slots until a long rest.

Thanx for the feedback, I'll make some changes and re-post it. :xykon:

Lazorus
2017-02-27, 11:05 AM
OK,
Changes have been made and the Blood Magus has been nerfed. Hopefully I addressed all the issues as mentioned above.
Check it out and let me know if I missed anything.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B009Y2DD5YLKSmttYVVxSnczaHM

Thanx for the help :)

EDIT: Just tweeked some image placement and upped the die on Essence Burst...

Deadman97
2017-02-28, 01:40 AM
I like the class it sounds interesting

Mcdjangali
2017-03-01, 09:51 AM
What type of action is required to use Sanguin's Gift?

Should I assume it does not require an action?

Lazorus
2017-03-01, 06:11 PM
Should I assume it does not require an action?

Yes, I just recently caught that error. Here's an updated version of the class with all the corrections. Sanguin's Gift has been modified to show the correct "Bonus Action" required and the correct damage increase at higher levels.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B009Y2DD5YLKUDlTNW9lTk5hdEE

Hope you guys like it :)

Llama513
2017-03-01, 08:15 PM
I really like what your are going for with this class,

Did you mean to have the health at first level be based on your intelligence modifier instead of your constitution modifier

I would make Dead See Dead give you advantage on Fear Saving throws caused by undead

I was going to say make the aura of dead be something else, but as there are ways to get around frightened by not looking at you, and it doesn't force them to run away from you, its fine

One with Death, I would either go with just the plain undead fortitude, or take a look at the Relentless Rage ability and go with that,

I wouldn't word Aura of Desecration as a Aura, I would turn it into Desecration Wave, and make it have the basically the same affect, I would make the undead be able to gain temporary hit points per short rest, and change the ability to be a Action that you can use once per short rest.

The Phylactery is fine, just move it 20th, as the final Ability Score Improvement is at 19th and the Class Capstone is 20th

Starting with the Pale Master Archetype
For master of undead just specify that you can only create one undead at a time with out spending a slot

Make admiration of Death be that you can enter a state permanent state as if you were under the affect of a feign death spell, this ability can lasts for a number of hours equal to your True Necromancer Level times 3, you can end this state early, by going through a reanimation process that takes one minute, once you use this ability you can not use it again for 1d4 days

I would change the Undead graft's attack to not be instant death, I would make it work like the Lich's Paralyzing Touch ability (PG. 202 of the MM, I can explain it if need be), and remove the maximum number of uses from the ability, I don't mind keeping that if you kill a creature with this touch they become a zombie or skeleton under your control in one round

For the Blood Magus Archetype
For Sanguin Gift I like that ability, I would clear up the wording and have activating the sanguins gift reduce your hitpoint maximum by 3 while the ability is active, and then when the damage increases I would set the cost of increasing the damage to be a set damage, 3 per additional damage die

Blood Magic is fine

Blood Walk needs some reworking, I would make it so that you can remain inside a willing creature indefinitely, if you are inside a unwilling creature they can make a Charisma Saving throw to force you out at the start of their turn, if you are forced out you take 2d6 points of force damage and appear in a space next to that creature. As an action you can deal necrotic damage to the creature you are inside equal to your level. If you kill a creature with this damage they become a zombie under your control. You can then use your reaction to jump into another creature within 10 feet of you, you can also jump inside another creature within 10ft of you as a an action, thus making this feature more viable as a method of transportation, and making it into a much more dangerous ability, and giving your opponents a chance to defend against it, and allowing it to be used to sneak into or out of an area using your allies.

I would turn Sanguine Control into being able to cast Dominate Monster once per long rest costing 20 hit points (possibly more) and specify that the ability does not work on creatures that do not have blood

For Spirit Reaper

The first part of your 3rd level ability is one that is not given to a warlock subclass until 6th and they can only do it once per long rest, As such I would move this ability too 6th or remove it

I like what you did with the specters, however if you wanted to what you could do is only give them one specter, but have it follow the rules for an animal companion presented in the Revised Ranger Unearthed Arcana

I really Like Essence Burst it is a Cool ability

You need to move the benefits for Ghost Walk to be inside its ability, as they are sitting underneath the abilities that you get at 3rd level, however if you decide to change the 3rd level ability to only be one specter, what you could do is change Ghost Walk to be that you can combine with your specter, while in this state you gain physical stats of the specter (its health, if it is higher than yours, AC, damage resistances, immunities, etc.) but you can still cast your spells and such, while in this state you add half your True Necromancer level to the damage dealt by your spells of 1st level or higher. This state lasts for 1 minute, and you can only use it once per short rest.

I think Vengeance of the ancestors is fine.

I do feel that you should give the base class some more spells on their list, as liches still cast other attacking spells such as lightning bolt and fireball, what I am saying is give them at the vary least the warlock (Beyond the spells that are unique to just Warlock) list, my recommendation would be to add the spells that a sorcerer has to the True Necromancers spell list. Hadn't read through closely the spell preparation and learning section, after reading through that section, I understand the limited list, the issue that you have right now is that you have them both knowing and preparing spells, it is one or the other, and I personally like the idea of them preparing spells out of their spell book, and having them add spells to their book like a Wizard, I would also make Arcane Recovery be the same as the wizards otherwise they have an insane amount of spells to cast. This is just a suggestion but I think it would be neat to allow them to learn wizard spells that aren't on their list normally if they get a hold of a wizards spellbook or scroll for them to copy from, in order to balance this you could have the cost and time of copying over these spells be doubled, and make it so that you can only prepare these spells when you finish a long rest, and only allow the repreparing of spells at short rest to be done with spells that are on their actual spell list.

Lazorus
2017-03-01, 10:07 PM
I really like what your are going for with this class,
Thanx! :)

Did you mean to have the health at first level be based on your intelligence modifier instead of your constitution modifier[/QUOTE]
ANSWER: Yes, it was to give a sleight boost to fall in between Wizards and Sorcerers.

I would make Dead See Dead give you advantage on Fear Saving throws caused by undead
Response: Yea, I think that's a good idea, I'll try to fit it into the formatting.

I was going to say make the "Aura of Dead" be something else, but as there are ways to get around frightened by not looking at you, and it doesn't force them to run away from you, its fine
Response: Yea, it's not looking at the Necromancer it's attacking him.

One with Death, I would either go with just the plain undead fortitude, or take a look at the Relentless Rage ability and go with that,
Response: Well, the reason I didn't was to pay homage to Undead Fortitude as a whole and offer a better version. So either way it works out about the same I think.

I wouldn't word Aura of Desecration as an "Aura", I would turn it into Desecration Wave, and make it have the basically the same affect, I would make the undead be able to gain temporary hit points per short rest, and change the ability to be a Action that you can use once per short rest.
Response: Short rest would be WAY too powerful, and the effect lasts on any undead you gain control of.

The Phylactery is fine, just move it 20th, as the final Ability Score Improvement is at 19th and the Class Capstone is 20th
Response: The level placement is perfect allowing player characters to at least get 3-4 levels of another class if they don't want to become a Litch.

Starting with the Pale Master Archetype

For "Master of Undead" just specify that you can only create one undead at a time with out spending a slot
Response: This was done to supersede the Necromancer/Wizard's ability and still have the same effect.

Make "Admiration of Death" be that you can enter a state permanent state as if you were under the affect of a feign death spell, this ability can lasts for a number of hours equal to your True Necromancer Level times 3, you can end this state early, by going through a reanimation process that takes one minute, once you use this ability you can not use it again for 1d4 days
Response: The problem IS that Feign Death is an Action NOT a Reaction. So, it can't be used in combat. :)

I would change the Undead Graft's attack to not be instant death, I would make it work like the Lich's Paralyzing Touch ability (PG. 202 of the MM, I can explain it if need be), and remove the maximum number of uses from the ability, I don't mind keeping that if you kill a creature with this touch they become a zombie or skeleton under your control in one round
Response: Well I copied the ability straight out of the D&D 3.0 book Tomb & Blood, so I kind of wanted to keep it the way it is.

For the Blood Magus Archetype

For "Sanguin Gift" I like that ability, I would clear up the wording and have activating the Sanguin's Gift reduce your hit-point maximum by 3 while the ability is active, and then when the damage increases I would set the cost of increasing the damage to be a set damage, 3 per additional damage die
Response: Yea, I was thinking about that, but that doesn't effect the character allot if you have to manifest it in combat after the 1st one was dispelled or something. I wanted to make it have a direct impact on the character.

Blood Magic is fine

"Blood Walk" needs some reworking, I would make it so that you can remain inside a willing creature indefinitely, if you are inside a unwilling creature they can make a Charisma Saving throw to force you out at the start of their turn, if you are forced out you take 2d6 points of force damage and appear in a space next to that creature. As an action you can deal necrotic damage to the creature you are inside equal to your level. If you kill a creature with this damage they become a zombie under your control. You can then use your reaction to jump into another creature within 10 feet of you, you can also jump inside another creature within 10ft of you as a an action, thus making this feature more viable as a method of transportation, and making it into a much more dangerous ability, and giving your opponents a chance to defend against it, and allowing it to be used to sneak into or out of an area using your allies.
Response: First the Blood Magus isn't supposed to have minions, that's the Pale Master's archetype. Second, the Blood Magus is Constitution based. Third, I like the "forced out 2d6 damage penalty" I might try and re-work that in to the formatting.

I would turn Sanguine Control into being able to cast Dominate Monster once per long rest costing 20 hit points (possibly more) and specify that the ability does not work on creatures that do not have blood
Response: True, I just thought it would be more thematic being able to do both ;)

For Spirit Reaper

The first part of your 3rd level ability is one that is not given to a warlock subclass until 6th and they can only do it once per long rest, As such I would move this ability too 6th or remove it
Response: Yea, perhaps I should make them "Temporary Hit-Points" instead that fade after 1 minute.

I like what you did with the specters, however if you wanted to what you could do is only give them one specter, but have it follow the rules for an animal companion presented in the Revised Ranger Unearthed Arcana
Response: Yea, the new Beast Master Ranger is broken as ****...lol I have a player in one of my games that's 9th level BM Ranger and that damn pet is OP. However I wanted to allow for the power creep when you summon more than one specter which a BM Ranger can't do except with summoning other beasts.

I really Like Essence Burst it is a Cool ability
Response: Thanx, it took a bit of time to figure out what it should be. So, I'm glad you liked it.

You need to move the benefits for Ghost Walk to be inside its ability, as they are sitting underneath the abilities that you get at 3rd level, however if you decide to change the 3rd level ability to only be one specter, what you could do is change Ghost Walk to be that you can combine with your specter, while in this state you gain physical stats of the specter (its health, if it is higher than yours, AC, damage resistances, immunities, etc.) but you can still cast your spells and such, while in this state you add half your True Necromancer level to the damage dealt by your spells of 1st level or higher. This state lasts for 1 minute, and you can only use it once per short rest.
Response: Yes, I screwed up when I re-formatted the class a while back. I'll fix that now. As far as the changing the abilities to cast spells and stuff while in an etheral state, that would violate the rules of being etherial.

I think Vengeance of the ancestors is fine.
Response: Thanx :)

I do feel that you should give the base class some more spells on their list, as liches still cast other attacking spells such as lightning bolt and fireball, what I am saying is give them at the vary least the warlock (Beyond the spells that are unique to just Warlock) list, my recommendation would be to add the spells that a sorcerer has to the True Necromancers spell list. Hadn't read through closely the spell preparation and learning section, after reading through that section, I understand the limited list, the issue that you have right now is that you have them both knowing and preparing spells, it is one or the other, and I personally like the idea of them preparing spells out of their spell book, and having them add spells to their book like a Wizard, I would also make Arcane Recovery be the same as the wizards otherwise they have an insane amount of spells to cast. This is just a suggestion but I think it would be neat to allow them to learn wizard spells that aren't on their list normally if they get a hold of a wizards spellbook or scroll for them to copy from, in order to balance this you could have the cost and time of copying over these spells be doubled, and make it so that you can only prepare these spells when you finish a long rest, and only allow the re-preparing of spells at short rest to be done with spells that are on their actual spell list.
Response: Yes, I initially thought of that too, but I wanted them to stay "True" to their school of magic..(little pun there). But, I think the challenge of the class is to figure out how to be an effective Necromancer without dabbling in another classes spells. I did use some basic spells to supplement each archetype and the core class, so without allot of play testing I can't be sure if I should add more or not.

THANX SO MUCH for your help and feedback!

Here's a link of the class after the changes I have made after your help :)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B009Y2DD5YLKUVduSnE2cmxPdFE

Llama513
2017-03-01, 10:12 PM
So after taking a second look at the class and discussing with a friend of mine that played a lot of necromancer, we came up with a rather major suggestion for what to do with the archetypes.

First and for most is to drop Blood Magus, it has enough abilities and potential to be worked into its own class,
the second is to change the Archetypes into the three aspects of necromancy, Skeletal, Flesh, and Spirits.

For Pale Master, he understood what you were going for in terms of having a horde, but for the purposes of 5e it is much easier just to have one or two creatures, we suggest having one. You start at level 3 with the abilities that you already have in place, except making bone armor just be that your AC is 13+your Dex mod and doesn't cost anything, giving you mage armor, You start at 3 level with a max health skeleton (20) that gains three hit points each time you go up a level. Keep the 7th level boost to animate dead, but change the other part of the ability to upgrading your companion to a Skeleton Minotaur with 45 health, the Minotaur gains 5 hit points per level. The 11th level feature, becomes that you can heal your companion with your necromancy spells, (if you hit your companion with a 1st level or higher spell that deals necrotic damage heals your companion by the damage dealt), at 15th level you get Undead Graft, allowing you to use the Paralyzing touch as a Lich, and your companion becomes a Wight with 90 health and gains 5 hitpoints per level. Your companion has the same initiative as you it follows the same rules as the Ranger's Companion for Actions, as presented in the base Player's Handbook.

For the Flesh archetype, it is the melee focus and based around disease, at 3rd level you gain proficiency in martial weapons and light armor, you can also deal 3 damage to your self, if you do the next creature you hit with a weapon attack, must make a con save or be poisoned for the next minute. At 7th level you get Extra Attack, at 11th you get an aura of disease, all living creatures that start their turn within 10 feet of you must make a con saving throw or take 2d4 poison damage. At 15th ability you gain the ability to once per day as an action touch a creature and place within them a terrible disease, You use your action to make a either a weapon attack roll or spell attack roll, to touch a creature next to you, if you succeed that creature must make a Constitution Saving Throw, on a failure they take 10d12 poison damage, and contract necromancers plague. If they succeed they take half damage and do not contract necromancer's plague. Necromancers Plague causes a Creature to loose 2d8 points from their hitpoint maximum at the start of each day, this health can not be restored until they are cured of Necromancer's Plague, which is accomplished by having a 8th level Remove Curse and A Greater Restoration cast upon the target within a minute of each other, if a targets hitpoint maximum hits 0 or lower they die.

The last one being the Spirit Reaper, at 3rd level keep the healing on spare the dying, as I forgot to factor in how powerful warlock is as a base class, and you gain the service of a Shadow with 27 health, it would work just as the skeleton companion of the pale master, except while it is within 100 feet of you, you can hear and see through it as if it were a familiar, it gains 5 hitpoints every time you go up a level. Keep essence burst as is at 7th level, 11th level become one with your shadow, gaining its physical stats, (Damage resistances, immunities both to damage and conditions, its vulnerability to radiant etc.) and you add half of your True necromancer level (rounded down) as necrotic damage to the damage dealt by all spells you cast for the next minute, you can only use this ability once per long rest. Keep the 15th level feature as Vengeance of the Ancestors.

my friend also developed a necromancy spell for each level that I will be posting in a seperate thread to be looked at.

Lazorus
2017-03-02, 12:13 AM
I found allot of corrections I needed to make, so here's another final rendition of the class!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B009Y2DD5YLKT0ZvT0FVZ3ItRW8

Lazorus
2017-03-02, 12:17 AM
So after taking a second look at the class and discussing with a friend of mine that played a lot of necromancer, we came up with a rather major suggestion for what to do with the archetypes.

First and for most is to drop Blood Magus, it has enough abilities and potential to be worked into its own class,
the second is to change the Archetypes into the three aspects of necromancy, Skeletal, Flesh, and Spirits.

For Pale Master, he understood what you were going for in terms of having a horde, but for the purposes of 5e it is much easier just to have one or two creatures, we suggest having one. You start at level 3 with the abilities that you already have in place, except making bone armor just be that your AC is 13+your Dex mod and doesn't cost anything, giving you mage armor, You start at 3 level with a max health skeleton (20) that gains three hit points each time you go up a level. Keep the 7th level boost to animate dead, but change the other part of the ability to upgrading your companion to a Skeleton Minotaur with 45 health, the Minotaur gains 5 hit points per level. The 11th level feature, becomes that you can heal your companion with your necromancy spells, (if you hit your companion with a 1st level or higher spell that deals necrotic damage heals your companion by the damage dealt), at 15th level you get Undead Graft, allowing you to use the Paralyzing touch as a Lich, and your companion becomes a Wight with 90 health and gains 5 hitpoints per level. Your companion has the same initiative as you it follows the same rules as the Ranger's Companion for Actions, as presented in the base Player's Handbook.

For the Flesh archetype, it is the melee focus and based around disease, at 3rd level you gain proficiency in martial weapons and light armor, you can also deal 3 damage to your self, if you do the next creature you hit with a weapon attack, must make a con save or be poisoned for the next minute. At 7th level you get Extra Attack, at 11th you get an aura of disease, all living creatures that start their turn within 10 feet of you must make a con saving throw or take 2d4 poison damage. At 15th ability you gain the ability to once per day as an action touch a creature and place within them a terrible disease, You use your action to make a either a weapon attack roll or spell attack roll, to touch a creature next to you, if you succeed that creature must make a Constitution Saving Throw, on a failure they take 10d12 poison damage, and contract necromancers plague. If they succeed they take half damage and do not contract necromancer's plague. Necromancers Plague causes a Creature to loose 2d8 points from their hitpoint maximum at the start of each day, this health can not be restored until they are cured of Necromancer's Plague, which is accomplished by having a 8th level Remove Curse and A Greater Restoration cast upon the target within a minute of each other, if a targets hitpoint maximum hits 0 or lower they die.

The last one being the Spirit Reaper, at 3rd level keep the healing on spare the dying, as I forgot to factor in how powerful warlock is as a base class, and you gain the service of a Shadow with 27 health, it would work just as the skeleton companion of the pale master, except while it is within 100 feet of you, you can hear and see through it as if it were a familiar, it gains 5 hit-points every time you go up a level. Keep essence burst as is at 7th level, 11th level become one with your shadow, gaining its physical stats, (Damage resistances, immunities both to damage and conditions, its vulnerability to radiant etc.) and you add half of your True necromancer level (rounded down) as necrotic damage to the damage dealt by all spells you cast for the next minute, you can only use this ability once per long rest. Keep the 15th level feature as Vengeance of the Ancestors.

my friend also developed a necromancy spell for each level that I will be posting in a separate thread to be looked at.

Sorry, the Blood Magus was a 3.5 Prestige Class that was the basis for the archetype. As far as the other changes, feel free to do what you want with it. I created the class to combine elements of the previous necromancers from 3e to 5e into one class. A sort of tribute to my favorite class. My main reason for this post was to try and balance the class as a whole.

Thanx for the suggestions.

Llama513
2017-03-02, 12:19 AM
Sorry, the Blood Magus was a 3.5 Prestige Class that was the basis for the archetype. As far as the other changes, feel free to do what you want with it. I created the class to combine elements of the previous necromancers from 3e to 5e into one class. A sort of tribute to my favorite class.

Thanx for the suggestions.

Well with that, said, I do plan to help you develop yours, as you have some really cool ideas, but I am going to make my own version, I am going to give you credit for inspiration though, as I wouldn't have come up with the ideas I did with out your version of the class

Lazorus
2017-03-03, 01:49 AM
Well with that, said, I do plan to help you develop yours, as you have some really cool ideas, but I am going to make my own version, I am going to give you credit for inspiration though, as I wouldn't have come up with the ideas I did with out your version of the class

I'd appreciate it if you made your allot more different then mine. I plan on submitting this to Nerdarchy for possible distribution. I've done some work for them in the past, and wanted them to oversee this project. So as not to have a conflict of copyrights and stuff.

Thanx :)

Llama513
2017-03-03, 01:54 AM
I'd appreciate it if you made your allot more different then mine. I plan on submitting this to Nerdarchy for possible distribution. I've done some work for them in the past, and wanted them to oversee this project. So as not to have a conflict of copyrights and stuff.

Will do, do I need to change the names of abilities and things, or do I need to rework it to make it very different, just so I know how much I need to change, and I will have to take care of those changes this weekend, as it is late here and I am busy tomorrow with classes

Lazorus
2017-03-03, 09:44 AM
Will do, do I need to change the names of abilities and things, or do I need to rework it to make it very different, just so I know how much I need to change, and I will have to take care of those changes this weekend, as it is late here and I am busy tomorrow with classes

I'd say at least 50% of the names should change just so it's not too obvious.

BTW, I have also had a few other reviews and recommendations and here is the final draft ... Allot of down-grades to a few abilities to keep the class balanced with other classes from the PHB.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B009Y2DD5YLKZmxlWTZ1bXZjdW8

Llama513
2017-03-03, 11:28 AM
I'd say at least 50% of the names should change just so it's not too obvious.

Taken Care of

Lazorus
2017-03-03, 04:37 PM
Taken Care of

DITTO! http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/diablo/images/6/6f/D3Necro-male.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20161107120654