PDA

View Full Version : The road ahead.... is puzzling.

Garwain
2017-02-24, 12:38 PM
Hi all,

I'm sure you are enjoying the new wallpaper (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/Wallpapers.html) as much as I am. As long time fan I can tell you that staring at it on my screen makes me melancholic. What a journey has it been for OotS. The story remains compelling and the art style has only improved. This wallpaper is yet another milestone, at least in my book. (figuratively speaking ofcourse, because I wouldn't write in my OotS books).

Anyway, did anyone identify the celestial object at the horizon? Can't be a moon, because it outshines daylight on the scenery. Can't be a sun either, because it's white instead of orange/reddish. Something magic then? Dare I make a connection to a certain monster that is kept away from light?

Kidding aside - I just took the time to write this post to express my appreciation for the art, the story, the perserverance and the countless moments of joy that Oots brought. This wallpaper is definitly one of those moments for me.

Garwain

SaintRidley
2017-02-24, 12:56 PM
Pretty sure it's just a rising sun. What with the whole Belkar still sleeping and bedrolls on the ground bit.

This post brought to you by comically taking everything seriously.

martianmister
2017-02-24, 02:46 PM
I like it least, compared to other wallpapers.

dtilque
2017-02-25, 04:29 PM
Shouldn't there be monsters lurking in those woods?

Just kidding; looks great without them.

Rogar Demonblud
2017-02-25, 05:05 PM
Shouldn't there be monsters lurking in those woods?

Yes, but they haven't gotten up yet either. Or they have, and they're nursing that first cup of coffee, hoping the caffeine kicks in soon.

dtilque
2017-02-25, 09:13 PM
Yes, but they haven't gotten up yet either. Or they have, and they're nursing that first cup of coffee, hoping the caffeine kicks in soon.

And the nocturnal ones are packing it in after a hard night's lurking.

This one reminded me of the earlier wallpaper called No Encounters Today where there were half a dozen or so monsters behind every tree, rock and bush. Knowing this fandom, I'm sure someone actually identified all of them, although I never saw that list.

archon_huskie
2017-02-26, 11:26 AM
Ever look at the sun? It's white not yellow.

hamishspence
2017-02-26, 05:59 PM
Indeed - but when it's on the horizon - thanks to its light having to pass through a greater thickness of atmosphere, it tends to look yellow/orange/red, depending on conditions.

Gift Jeraff
2017-02-28, 01:55 PM
Rick tweeted: "And for everyone else: There's another free wallpaper available to download on the site:"

Does "everyone else" mean Kickstarter backers aren't allowed to download this one? :smallsigh:

martianmister
2017-03-01, 05:41 AM
Does "everyone else" mean Kickstarter backers aren't allowed to download this one? :smallsigh:

Yes. Isn't this obvious?

factotum
2017-03-01, 07:35 AM
Rick tweeted: "And for everyone else: There's another free wallpaper available to download on the site:"

Um, what? Of course it doesn't mean that, I've downloaded it myself and I was a Kickstarter backer. :smallconfused:

Onyavar
2017-03-01, 07:37 AM
I like it least, compared to other wallpapers.

Well, I actually printed three of the other wallpapers with maximum resolution on a plotter, and then I hung (hang?) the resulting paper on my wall like a poster. They are great that way, with all the "little" details pretty easy to spot.

Now this one, is finally a wallpaper that I like to put on my desktop background. The others weren't suitable - to much action and noise. I like my desktop serene and harmonic. Which this one is.

Grey_Wolf_c
2017-03-01, 08:49 AM
Um, what? Of course it doesn't mean that, I've downloaded it myself and I was a Kickstarter backer. :smallconfused:

--> The joke

--> Your head

GW

Kish
2017-03-01, 08:53 AM

That's exactly what it means. Rich's assassins are watching us.

martianmister
2017-03-01, 09:43 AM

You shouldn't have done that! Delete it immediately! :furious:

Now this one, is finally a wallpaper that I like to put on my desktop background. The others weren't suitable - to much action and noise. I like my desktop serene and harmonic. Which this one is.

Haven't thought about that, but still a bit boring/bland for my liking.

Lord Torath
2017-03-01, 11:55 AM

Does "everyone else" mean Kickstarter backers aren't allowed to download this one? :smallsigh:Sadly, yes. The kickstarter backers only get a lousy Work-o-meter. Any of us who download the wallpaper get our hard-drives crashed. :smallamused:

LadyEowyn
2017-03-06, 10:16 PM
Sweet, this got me to look at the Kickstarter page and see that the O-Chul story is getting close to done!

I wasn't a kickstarter backer, but going by the "Uncivil Servant" and "Haleo and Julelan" PDFs being for sale to the general public, the O-Chul one will eventually be for sale as well. Definitely getting that!

Crusher
2017-03-07, 02:08 PM
That's exactly what it means. Rich's assassins are watching us.

Why are Rich's assassins watching us? That's not their job. This is a job for *Rick's* assassins.

Kish
2017-03-07, 02:56 PM
Whoosh....

Lord Torath
2017-03-07, 03:12 PM
Why are Rich's assassins watching us? That's not their job. This is a job for *Rick's* assassins.I... do not get that reference.

KorvinStarmast
2017-03-07, 09:49 PM
I... do not get that reference.
Possibly a reference to the movie Casablanca ... but maybe not.