PDA

View Full Version : Frostfell and Spell Resistance

Hiro Quester
2017-02-24, 05:50 PM
The Spell frostfell is one my Druid makes use of regularly; temperature drops, cold spells are +1 CL in that area, and all enemies in 20ft square/level turn to ice if they fail a fort save; they take 20d6 Frostfell damage if they make the save.

In the spell description, under Spell Resistance, it says "see text". But there is no mention of SR in the spell text that I can find.

I also can't find anything in the Rules Compendium or errata.

How do you think it interacts with SR?

GilesTheCleric
2017-02-24, 06:16 PM
Living creatures caught within the area when the spell is cast instantly turn to ice (as per the flesh to ice spell).

Flesh to Ice has SR: yes, which I imagine must be what it references.

Necroticplague
2017-02-24, 06:26 PM
The Spell frostfell is one my Druid makes use of regularly; temperature drops, cold spells are +1 CL in that area, and all enemies in 20ft square/level turn to ice if they fail a fort save; they take 20d6 Frostfell damage if they make the save.

In the spell description, under Spell Resistance, it says "see text". But there is no mention of SR in the spell text that I can find.

I also can't find anything in the Rules Compendium or errata.

How do you think it interacts with SR?

In the text, it says they turn to ice "as flesh to ice". Flesh to Ice allows SR. So SR allows you to avoid turning into a popsicle. It also, indirectly, allows you to avoid the damage associated with that part of the effect (since you don't roll a save if it doesn't beat your SR, you never pass the save, and thus don't take damage).