PDA

View Full Version : sorry to ask..

daggaz
2007-07-23, 11:35 PM
i was the third person to respond to the "universal health care" thread, and now I see it has been moved... but when I click there, it is a dead end and I cannot see where the discussion has been moved. Have we been censored? Or where has it gone? sorry to ask... but its a real topic worthy, I should hope, of debate.

later. Ian.

Amotis
2007-07-23, 11:59 PM
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51629

Azrael
2007-07-24, 08:51 AM
If you're still under the impression that it is a topic worthy of debate on these boards, go read the Rules of Posting. Specifically the Inappropriate Topics section.

And no, I won't be nice and link or quote it for you.

bosssmiley
2007-07-24, 11:46 AM
Daggaz mate, this is a comics and gaming forum: a place some of us come to try to *escape* the injustices and irrationalities around us in everyday life.

As a rule we Playgrounders like comics, funny shaped dice and pretending to be things we aren't, some of us are too young to vote, many of us don't live in the US: all-in-all, we're maybe not the ideal target audience for themes such as you mention above.

I'm sure if you feel the need to do some good in the world there are better places to start than here. I wish you every success. But please, not in the playground.

Fax Celestis
2007-07-24, 01:09 PM
But please, not in the playground.

After all, if we start being serious, it stops being a playground.

Call_me_Fate
2007-07-24, 01:25 PM
if we start being serious, it stops being a playground.

This should go in the rules of posting somewhere.

Castaras
2007-07-24, 01:40 PM
This should go in the rules of posting somewhere.

You being serious? :smalltongue:

FdL
2007-07-24, 01:46 PM
After all, if we start being serious, it stops being a playground.

Hmmm...I guess that's the spirit.
Though often I feel like we're in Disneyland... :s

Pendragonx
2007-07-24, 02:14 PM
Hmmm...I guess that's the spirit.
Though often I feel like we're in Disneyland... :s

..but with "Improved Evasion" and "Great Cleave"! :smallbiggrin:

North
2007-07-24, 03:09 PM
But theres lots of great cleavage in disneyland

FdL
2007-07-24, 03:32 PM
But theres lots of great cleavage in disneyland

Is there? Hum...I guess it's unintended, or maybe a carefully studied marketing ploy aimed towards lactating babies.

Anyway, nothing matters because this thread is going to be mod lock-moved-into-forum-limbo in 3...2...1...

LotharBot
2007-07-24, 03:56 PM
i was the third person to respond to the "universal health care" thread, and now I see it has been moved... but when I click there, it is a dead end and I cannot see where the discussion has been moved. Have we been censored? Or where has it gone? sorry to ask... but its a real topic worthy, I should hope, of debate.

If you check the forum rules (see the top of the page) you'll see that many "topics worthy of debate" are inappropriate on this particular board. That helps keep this board focused on gaming and such. There are other places on the internet where you can debate political or religious topics, this just isn't one of them.

Most likely, the thread in question was moved to a private forum so the moderators could decide who should get warned for posting in it and who should not. If you posted in the thread, there's a chance you'll get either a "warning" or an "infraction", which serve as a reminder that those topics really are off-limits. Don't worry too much if you get one; just read the rules carefully and you should be OK from now on.

Lilly
2007-07-24, 04:08 PM
This question has been answered quite throughly. Any future questions of this sort need to go in the boards issues forum.

And on the topic of where threads go, they go to the dump where mods can look over them, PMing a mod is normally a much more effective way of finding lost threads than making a thread is