PDA

View Full Version : Angel/Celestial Adventure Hooks

DixieDevil
2017-02-24, 10:59 PM
So I'm planning a little 1-on-1 campaign with my ol' lady, and she's really into angels. I was wondering if y'all could help me think up some adventure hooks for her involving Angels and the like

NichG
2017-02-24, 11:11 PM
One of the souls of the righteous has been maliciously misclassified and is now being tormented in (lower plane of your choice). For goodness and cosmic order, they must be rescued!

Ages ago, the forces of the upper planes sacrificed an entire layer of the heavens to act as containment for an intrinsically dangerous race of creatures which were created in an act of great evil, but which are themselves innocent of any wrongdoing. Baator has spent the last thousand years cultivating sleeper agents among the mortals - individuals directed towards being generally good people, but manipulated to develop a habitual and insatiable curiosity about closed or forbidden spaces, kept in check only by memories of experiences and training which all becomes lost once they bathe in the Lethe on the way to the afterlife. Most of these sleeper agents have been unsuccessful, but now a few have become lost in swamps of Elysium's third layer. You must retrieve them safely, without disturbing or harming the dangerous but innocent Star Children in the process, nor permit them to be corrupted by an act of evil. And, in the process, prevent an infernal bid to claim the third layer of Elysium for their own.

The Chorus has learned of an artifact of power created long ago by the Chronicleer, an overgod of history who needed a way to correct errors in the flow of time. This pen has the ability to retroactively edit all copies of a document if used to modify the original, and does so in such a way that the documents were all ever thus. A plan has been hatched to find this pen and use it to secretly alter the Pact Primeval, forever freeing mortals from the depredations of the lower planes once and for all.

Honest Tiefling
2017-02-25, 11:46 AM
An angel's been creating a religion on the prime material. For whatever reason, this isn't typical angel behavior. The PC is sent to investigate and determine if the angel is really an angel, or a devil in disguise.

Personally, I feel this hook would be great if you intend to start lower level, as the first step is interacting with mortal cultists before reaching the angel. Also, depending on the conclusion of the hook, they could have gained enough power or the blessing of an angel to start on other hooks, such as NichG's excellent suggestion.