PDA

View Full Version : Altering "Assault on Maerimydra"

Devcon1
2017-02-26, 12:38 AM
Hey all,

I am currently playing a campaign of Out of the Abyss. My DM says he may allow me to run the Assault on Maerimydra adventure from the Adventurer's League series in between the first and second halves of the campaign. However, looking over the module, I have the desire to change things up, and I wish for some suggestions on how to do so.

My first and greatest desire is to change his grand plan (Not the "getting out of the effects of the summoning" plan, his "domination of the surface" plan). While I can see the appeal of having him spread corrupt hedonistic items around, it feels in a way lackluster. Based on all the "fertility" and "motherhood" themes of the adventure, I would feel it would involve Graz'zt's mother, Pale Night, obyrith lord of motherhood and corruption, or Lamashtu (the D&D version, not the Pathfinder goddess), demon lord of motherhood and monsters, in some way, but other than that I can't think of much.

Secondly, I wish to alter the final battle against Graz'zt. As this would take place in the interim, rather than during the great demon lord battle royal at the end of Out of the Abyss, I don't think it would make sense to have Graz'zt be trying to protect himself at the end. For this I don't really have many ideas to speak of.

While there are a few other things I'd like to change around, those are the main two. So, any suggestions?