PDA

View Full Version : Amaterasu

FTG82
2017-02-27, 02:40 AM
Okay. So if anyone knows of the Japanese god Amaterasu I'm attempting to make her in D&D. I'm going to make her a half flame elemental to get the flame element into her character. I'm going to aim for the prestige class ninja so she is the opposite of SUSANOO who is a samarai. But other then that I don't really know what to do. She likes to use illusions. And i'm thinking about using war fans for her weapons. The gm is also allowing her to start with one magical item. And as I play her he will slowly feed me the magical items needed to maker her into the god I want. Any and all help is appreciated.

GilesTheCleric
2017-02-27, 02:46 AM
What books or other sources are allowed? What level are you starting at? What level do you expect the campaign to end? Are any alternate rules allowed, such as LA buyoff? What's your experience with 3.5 and optimising, and how experienced is the rest of your table?

Thurbane
2017-02-27, 02:50 AM
Here's a homebrews version: https://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Takama-ga-hara_Pantheon#Amaterasu

Never mind, looks like that project wasn't completed.

FTG82
2017-02-27, 02:55 AM
What books or other sources are allowed? What level are you starting at? What level do you expect the campaign to end? Are any alternate rules allowed, such as LA buyoff? What's your experience with 3.5 and optimising, and how experienced is the rest of your table?

Any book that are verified as 3.5, Level one unless otherwise stated, This is a on going campaign to play around with character creation and basically just a fun campaign in which we can send characters off on different missions. Make our characters and just let them grow and have fun. And yes LA buy-off is allowed. And I've made a lot of 3.5 characters. So i'm pretty experienced with 3.5 but optimizing i'm about average. I'd love actual help with that. And everyone but my gm and me are pretty new to D&D.

FTG82
2017-02-27, 02:56 AM
And we are staying away from home brewed stuff.

weckar
2017-02-27, 02:57 AM
Are we drawing any inspiration from Okami for this, or are we going mythology only? Because writing on Amaterasu is suprisingly limited (only story to spring to mind immediately is the whole cave debacle).

Where are you getting the half-elemental template?

FTG82
2017-02-27, 03:10 AM
Are we drawing any inspiration from Okami for this, or are we going mythology only? Because writing on Amaterasu is suprisingly limited (only story to spring to mind immediately is the whole cave debacle).

Where are you getting the half-elemental template?

Is Okami a guide? It's in Manual of the plans on pg 189 It's a half fire elemental but i still need the other half. And i'm trying to stay human looking like at least. So around her height and weight.

weckar
2017-02-27, 03:40 AM
Okami is a video game with Amaterasu as the protagonist. Kinda cool really.

Would multiclassing to Dragonfire Adept make sense?

FTG82
2017-02-27, 03:44 AM
That might be cool but for now I've got her starting level off. I'm thinking starting off as a rouge to help me get to the ninja prestige class. I still need a magical item for her to start off on, and i also need the other half of her blood. Also https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/smite.gamepedia.com/8/8a/SkinArt_Amaterasu_Default.jpg?version=ac73aa9c505e 924240831b0fdb924db9 this is what she looks like. But without the samurai armor.

weckar
2017-02-27, 04:14 AM
Ninja prestige class? :smallconfused:

Isn't Ninja just a base class?

Calthropstu
2017-02-27, 04:26 AM
Ninja prestige class? :smallconfused:

Isn't Ninja just a base class?

I believe in 3.5 it was a prestige class wasn't it? Or was it a prestige class in 3.0 and then moved to full class in 3.5? I know Pathfinder it's a full blown 1-20 class. Can't remember really.

BWR
2017-02-27, 04:31 AM
You had the Ninja of the Crescent Moon PrC in 3.0 which was a bit silly. There were a couple of ninja PrCs from OA, and a ninja base +PrCs for the d20 Rokugan stuff (which is 3.0) There's a 3.5 ninja base class in Complete Adventurer which is kinda crappy. Pathfinder has a ninja base which is a mix between CRB monk and rogue and better than the base rogue.

zergling.exe
2017-02-27, 04:34 AM
I believe in 3.5 it was a prestige class wasn't it? Or was it a prestige class in 3.0 and then moved to full class in 3.5? I know Pathfinder it's a full blown 1-20 class. Can't remember really.

3.0 had the Ninja Spy prestige class for Rokugan in Oriental Adventures, not sure if there was just a 'Ninja' in 3.0. In 3.5 there was the Ninja base class in Complete Adventurer as well as the Shadow Sun Ninja prestige class in Tome of Battle.

FTG82
2017-02-27, 04:47 AM
3.0 had the Ninja Spy prestige class for Rokugan in Oriental Adventures, not sure if there was just a 'Ninja' in 3.0. In 3.5 there was the Ninja base class in Complete Adventurer as well as the Shadow Sun Ninja prestige class in Tome of Battle.

This is the one i found.

Zaq
2017-02-27, 11:04 AM
Why Ninja? You do realize that when Amaterasu hid herself away, there were rather massive problems, right? Nothing in the actual Kojiki makes me think of her as Ninja-like at all.

I mean, the game is what you make of it, I suppose. That said, I don't recognize what you're going for. So let's put it this way—what ARE you going for? Where did you get the idea that you're building towards?

Faily
2017-02-27, 11:19 AM
Shugenja, Fire Affinity with special rule of no Deficiency because she is the goddamn Sun-goddess and the highest ranking kami (and commands all the other kami to do her bidding).

Sure, you could do Cleric instead with Sun and Fire domain, but Shugenja is much more fitting considering the theme of it all.

Buufreak
2017-02-27, 01:18 PM
I see you used an image of Ammy from Smite. Would you want a character similar to how she plays in game, or did you just like the image?

zergling.exe
2017-02-27, 02:07 PM
This is the one i found.

There are 3 classes in that post, could you be more specific?

FTG82
2017-02-27, 11:11 PM
Why Ninja? You do realize that when Amaterasu hid herself away, there were rather massive problems, right? Nothing in the actual Kojiki makes me think of her as Ninja-like at all.

I mean, the game is what you make of it, I suppose. That said, I don't recognize what you're going for. So let's put it this way—what ARE you going for? Where did you get the idea that you're building towards?

I'm going for the opposite of my friends Susanoo, He's going to be a Samurai, So i figured ninja because they were made to fight against the samurai. I know about the cave story. But it's more for fun. Basically a person who loves fire and illusions, it's actually more for fun the making the god.

FTG82
2017-02-27, 11:13 PM
I see you used an image of Ammy from Smite. Would you want a character similar to how she plays in game, or did you just like the image?

The Image. Lol well without the samurai armor.

GilesTheCleric
2017-02-27, 11:41 PM
If you'd like to quote multiple posts, you can press the ",,+" button right next to the quote button. Press it for each post you'd like to quote. You could also hit the edit post button if you'd like to add more after you've already posted ^^

Gruftzwerg
2017-02-28, 11:10 AM
Okami is a video game with Amaterasu as the protagonist. Kinda cool really.

Would multiclassing to Dragonfire Adept make sense?

I would suggest multiclassing warlock instead. Untyped Eldritch Blast damage can fit the fluff of infernal flames. Further warlock gives access to a few illusions, what would fit the theme.

Menzath
2017-02-28, 11:51 AM
Fiery illusion using ninja... Sword sage?

FTG82
2017-03-04, 07:43 PM
Okay so back to reason why i posted this XD lol. I've gotten most of what i need for her. I was just wondering. What race (besides gnomes) Would be great for illusions. I want a race that has a view abilities that tie to illusions. But i also want her to look human like. If possible. But at least around the same height of a human.

Gruftzwerg
2017-03-04, 08:55 PM
I want a race that has a view abilities that tie to illusions. But i also want her to look human like.

The question is, does it need to be a racial gift?

Epic Warlock can get a feat : Paragon Visionary (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a)

Benefit: You can see through illusions, magical darkness, shapechangers, and other effects (as true seeing). This is a supernatural ability.

You are automatically aware of all spells or magical effects you see. Simply by looking at a creature, you can determine if it is a divine or arcane caster, whether it has any spell-like abilities, and the highest spell or spell-like abilities it knows. This is a supernatural ability.

When you use the voidsense invocation, you gain blindsight 60 feet.

You receive a bonus on all Listen, Sense Motive, and Spot checks equal to double your Wisdom modifier or +6, whichever is greater. This is an extraordinary ability.

FTG82
2017-03-04, 09:02 PM
The question is, does it need to be a racial gift?

Epic Warlock can get a feat : Paragon Visionary (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ei/20061027a)

Yes it has to be a racial gift. I'm trying my hardest to stay out of illusion based classes. Sorry

Gruftzwerg
2017-03-04, 09:17 PM
Permanent "Detect Magic" would be an option too imho.

But would still force you either into a 2 lvl warlock dip or a 1lvl dip into Dragonfire Adept with "Magic Insight" (Detect Magic + identify).