PDA

View Full Version : Munchkinery Domain

HoodedHero007
2017-02-27, 07:20 AM
What domain would be appropriate for a cleric of Pun-Pun, assuming he becomes the Kobold God of Munchkins in a campaign setting?

Arkhios
2017-02-27, 07:33 AM
What domain would be appropriate for a cleric of Pun-Pun, assuming he becomes the Kobold God of Munchkins in a campaign setting?

What little I know about Pun-Pun, the whole concept works because of a series of tricks with the rules, so I'd say Trickery is most appropriate.

Connington
2017-02-27, 08:53 AM
Trickery works, but Knowledge seems a little more appropriate. Expertise on Knowledge skills helps you with "rules mastery", and Channel Divinity to pick up any skill or tool proficiency is great for abusing that one artifact to ascend to godhood.

Arkhios
2017-02-27, 09:40 AM
Trickery works, but Knowledge seems a little more appropriate. Expertise on Knowledge skills helps you with "rules mastery", and Channel Divinity to pick up any skill or tool proficiency is great for abusing that one artifact to ascend to godhood.

It's not entirely out of realm of possibility for a deity to have two domains instead of just one!

NecroDancer
2017-02-27, 10:00 AM
In fact most gods have 2 domains

Arkhios
2017-02-27, 10:07 AM
In fact most gods have 2 domains

My point exactly ;)

Connington
2017-02-27, 10:52 AM
It's not entirely out of realm of possibility for a deity to have two domains instead of just one!

Oh, absolutely. Besides Trickery and Knowledge, one could also make the case for Arcana (magically bootstrapping yourself to omnipotence anyone?). In fact, you could potentially justify any domain, because Pun Pun favors whatever cheesy combination gives the most pluses.

But for good or ill, 5e doesn't allow a single cleric to represent more than one domain at a time. Given the choice between Knowledge, Trickery, OR Arcana, I think Knowledge gives you the best tool box to find the little loophole in the universe that lets you fully self actualize in your munchkinry and follow your deity's example in ascending to godhood.

DragonSorcererX
2017-02-27, 11:51 AM
Pun-Pun should have the Arcana Domain for Wishlacrum!