PDA

View Full Version : Dine spells and Armor? 3.5

Westhart
2017-02-27, 08:05 AM
Alright, I heard somewhere that divine spells do not suffer from ACF,and one of my players is playing a healer (with some minor edits). Is this true and if you all could find a page number it would be great! :smallsmile:
EDIT: DIVINE XD please ignore my mispelling...

BloodSnake'sCha
2017-02-27, 08:12 AM
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/armor.htm#arcaneSpellFailure

I think the fact that there is only Arcane Spell Failure should be enough.

EDIT:
ACF????
What does it have to do with casting in armor?

Hamste
2017-02-27, 08:16 AM
The term is ASF not ACF, it stands for arcane spell failure.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/equipment/armor.htm

MisterKaws
2017-02-27, 09:17 AM
You can also edit post titles, to avoid people jokingly posting the full description of some magic-eating monster.

weckar
2017-02-27, 09:25 AM
The hint is kind of in the name: Arcane spell failure. Divine spells are almost by exclusion not Arcane.

Telonius
2017-02-27, 09:56 AM
Is your player actually taking the Healer class, or do you mean Cleric with healing spells? The Healer is only proficient with Light armor, and is actually forbidden to wear any metal armor; they can't cast for 24 hours if they use any. But yes, most divine casters can cast in armor with no problems, unless the class specifically forbids it.

Segev
2017-02-27, 12:43 PM
You can also edit post titles, to avoid people jokingly posting the full description of some magic-eating monster.

Just for total clarity, editing the title is just like editing the post, except you go up to the littler bar that says "Title:" right above it. That box is editable. I have edited the spelling in my "Re: Dine spells ans armor? 3.5" title for this specific post to demonstrate.

Westhart
2017-02-27, 12:44 PM
yes, they are taking the actual healer from miniatures handbook, although it has been edited slightly, sorry for screwing up the tems, not sure where I got the C :smallbiggrin:
Anyhow, I did not see it for sure and was not certain so thanks a lot. :smallsmile:

Fouredged Sword
2017-02-27, 03:53 PM
The healer class is forbidden from wearing armor by class restriction, but the armor they CAN wear they can cast in without restriction.