PDA

View Full Version : Battlemaster manouvres

Doomwhispo
2017-02-27, 01:06 PM
From the phb

Manouvres. You learn three manouvres wich ate detailed under 'manouvres 'below.
Many manouvres enhance an attack in some way. You can use only one manouvre per attack.
You learn two additional manouvres of your choice at 7th, 10th, and 15th level.

In case of multiclassing. Say im 3lvl fighter and 3 lvl barbarian and i gain a 4th level in Fighter. I am now lvl 7 do i get two additional manouvres?
I am looking for raw answer. Cos it doesnt say fighter levels.

Let me know. Some wizzard cantrips are worded the same way where they do additional damage at lvl 5. Does multiclassinf affect this. For example green flame blade? Again looking for raw

Thanks alot

clash
2017-02-27, 01:10 PM
Cantrips scale with character level, class features that scale such as maneuver dice in this case scale with class level

Fishyninja
2017-02-27, 01:11 PM
I believe it is based on your Fighter Level when you Multiclass, rather than your general level. I think. I am sure the wiser persons will correct me or clarify me.

RSP
2017-02-27, 05:23 PM
The RAW, I believe, is Fighter levels. My understanding is, class write ups are assumed to be referencing class levels unless otherwise stated.

The difference between Cantrips using character level, even though they also just refer to "level," is that Cantrips aren't a class ability, that is, the description for them is independent of any class and located outside of any class description, therefore, the "class level" assumption does not apply to them.

bid
2017-02-27, 06:01 PM
In case of multiclassing. Say im 3lvl fighter and 3 lvl barbarian and i gain a 4th level in Fighter. I am now lvl 7 do i get two additional manouvres?
Everything in the Classes chapter uses the class level.