PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Bringing the Magic of Magic to Pathfinder: a Few Spells

Jendekit
2017-02-27, 01:14 PM
I would like some feedback on a few spells I've converted from MtG for use in my Pathfinder games. The current MtG spell list that I've converted consists of: Mind Rot, Blightling, Holy Strength, Unholy Strength and Claws of Valakut.

Mind Rot
School Enchantment Level Witch 3, Wizard/Sorcerer 3
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M (a rotten fruit)
Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target one creature that can cast spells
Duration 1 min./level (max 10)
Saving Throw Will negates; Spell Resistance yes
Palming a rotten peach, the sorcerer's eyes bore into the wizards. A moment later, the sorcerer bites into the ripe peach as the wizard struggles to remember his most powerful spells.
You cause the target spellcaster to lose one spell slot per four caster levels (max 5) of the highest level they can cast. If this would be more spell slots than they possess of their highest level, then the rest are wasted. Multiple uses of this spell do not stack. If the target succeeds on his Will save, then he cannot be the target of the spell by the same caster for 24 hours.

Hellbolt
School Evocation [electricity, evil] Level Wizard/Sorcerer 3
Components V, S, M (a pinch of sulfur and saltpeter)
Range 120 ft.
Area 120 ft. line
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half; Spell Resistance yes
The smell of brimstone and ozone fills the air as a bolt of red lightning flies from the wizard's outstretched fingers, the crack of thunder sounding suspiciously like laughter.
You release a powerful stroke of corrupted electrical energy that deals 1d6 points of damage per caster level (maximum 10d6) to each creature within its area. Half this damage is electricity and the other half is negative energy. The bolt begins at your fingertips.

The bolt sets fire to combustibles and damages objects in its path. It can melt metals with a low melting point, such as lead, gold, copper, silver, or bronze. If the damage caused to an interposing barrier shatters or breaks through it, the bolt may continue beyond the barrier if the spell's range permits; otherwise, it stops at the barrier just as any other spell effect does.

Ash Armor
School Abjuration Level Cleric 3, Witch 3, Wizard/Sorcerer 3
Components V, S, M (pinch of ash)
Range touch
Target creature touched
Duration 1 round/level
Saving Throw Will negates (harmless); Spell Resistance yes
A stream of ash flows from the witch's hand to cover her skin in a layer of white that made the bandit's arrows bounce off as if it were dragon hide.
A protective layer of ash covers the subject's skin offering protection and enhancing strength. The subject gains a +2 enchantment bonus to Strength and a +4 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class for the duration of the spell.

Dark Armor
School Abjuration Level Cleric 3, Witch 3, Wizard/Sorcerer 3
Components V, S, M (piece of charcoal)
Range touch
Target creature touched
Duration 1 round/level
From the crushed charcoal in the sorcerer's hand, a web of black lines flows over his body until the only color is the white of his teeth and the slit, draconic eyes.
A protective layer of charcoal covers the subject's skin offering protection and enhancing strength. The subject gains a +4 enchantment bonus to Strength and a +2 natural armor bonus to their Armor Class for the duration of the spell.

Lava Claws
School Evocation [fire] Level Bloodrager 2, Druid 4, Magus 4, Ranger 2, Wizard/Sorcerer 4
Components V, S, M (a flake of obsidian)
Range personal
target you
Duration 1 round/level
At first the bandits thought the lone traveler in patchwork hides was an easy target. Then blades of molten rock popped out from his knuckles.
From the knuckles of both hands claws made from lava form. You take no damage from these, but they can be used to deal 1d6/2 caster levels fire + Strength damage. These claws are treated as natural weapons.

Darth Ultron
2017-02-27, 06:13 PM
Mind Rot

Looks ok, except '''mind rot'' sounds a bit more necromancy then enchantment.

Hellbolt

Just a bit of a negative fireball? Ok...

Ash Armor

Bit odd that ''ash'' armor adds strength.....but otherwise ok.

Dark Armor

Again, eh. Looks ok.

Lava Claws

Way too weak for 4th level....A 4th level spell that will do like 1d6+2 damage? Needs more damage and more effects.

Jendekit
2017-02-27, 08:27 PM
Thanks for catching the bit regarding damage for Lava Claws, I made a mistake when moving them over from my notes. Should be corrected now.

Morphic tide
2017-02-28, 02:08 PM
Thanks for catching the bit regarding damage for Lava Claws, I made a mistake when moving them over from my notes. Should be corrected now.

All you did was make them near-mandatory for Bloodrager. A 2nd level spell should not be giving you 40d6 damage per round for 20 rounds. Granted, at level 20, that's not all that out of place, but it's still quite strong, adding 10d6 DPR for 10 rounds at level 10.

Coretron03
2017-02-28, 06:28 PM
Mind Rot
I like it, Although it does feel more like a necromancy spell then a enchantment spell but I would assume the orginal spell was also enchantment? You should also have a way to dertermine what spell a prepared caster loses, probably should be random.

Hellbolt
Lighting bolt with different energy types Probably a bit better then lighting bolt because of that.

Ash Armor
The str bonus will be nice but won't see use by level 7 because the melee's wll likely have a belt of str. The nat armour bonus is good although the spell feels weak as the duration is poor, requires touch range and is basicly sheild and a half power bull strengh you can use on other people. I suggest close range and a 1/minute a level duration

Dark Armor
Basicly 2 second level spells joined together, barkskin and bulls strength witha a worse duration. I recommend the same stuff as above.

Lava Claws

Kind of meh, Except for a bloodrager because they can gain ita effects without spending actions. I also think magnus should get it as a 3rd level spell because then they get it at the same time as fullcasters and they are more inclined to use it. Maybe add something like "If cast as a standard action the caster may immediately attack with both of the claws" So its more useful for gishes and such, though it might be too good then for druids.