PDA

View Full Version : Help me homebrew powers-PF/3.5

tim01300
2017-02-27, 02:23 PM
Long story short looking to create some powers or mechanics for my party. Its an evil campaign with the group working for Asmodeus, players have 3 years experience but still very vanilla (1 prestige class in 3 years!).
Im looking for ideas of powers they are given by Asmodeus or their high priest. Everytine the PCs do some really good roleplaying I want to reward them a "spark", a token rhat let's them use their power.
Some ideas I had are like,

Asmodeus rewards patience, "you skip your action this turn and next turn you roll your attack twice, adding the roles together"

or use your pain against your foes, "all damage dealt to you this round gets added onto your next attack",

or you may interrupt an enemy turn and receive all damage a teammate was about to take.

Im looking for ideas that aren't instant wins, but since they can only be used with a limited resource I'm ok with them being powerful. Also I don't mind if its a new or different game mechanic. All ideas are helpful and fun! Thanks

Dagroth
2017-02-27, 02:34 PM
Long story short looking to create some powers or mechanics for my party. Its an evil campaign with the group working for Asmodeus, players have 3 years experience but still very vanilla (1 prestige class in 3 years!).
Im looking for ideas of powers they are given by Asmodeus or their high priest. Everytine the PCs do some really good roleplaying I want to reward them a "spark", a token rhat let's them use their power.
Some ideas I had are like,

Asmodeus rewards patience, "you skip your action this turn and next turn you roll your attack twice, adding the roles together"

or use your pain against your foes, "all damage dealt to you this round gets added onto your next attack",

or you may interrupt an enemy turn and receive all damage a teammate was about to take.

Im looking for ideas that aren't instant wins, but since they can only be used with a limited resource I'm ok with them being powerful. Also I don't mind if its a new or different game mechanic. All ideas are helpful and fun! Thanks

Devil Bloodline. Vile Feats. Axiomatic Bloodline & Bloodline Feats.

Take a look at some of the "Drift" abilities from Geomancer.

Squoosh Acolyte of the Skin down to a 5 level class and offer it as an option.