PDA

View Full Version : Evasion feat that allows you to move out of AoE?

gawwy
2017-02-27, 05:43 PM
I recall there being a feat or class feature that allows you to move out of AoE when you make the reflex save?

But I cannot find it for the life of me. Can anyone point it out for me?

Venger
2017-02-27, 06:51 PM
I recall there being a feat or class feature that allows you to move out of AoE when you make the reflex save?

But I cannot find it for the life of me. Can anyone point it out for me?

Just to clarify:

If you're standing 10 feet from the edge of say, a fireball, this ability would allow you to teleport to just outside the edge of it regardless of the size and spread of the original effect?

That doesn't sound familiar. Is it possible it was from dragon magazine?

It's possible you were thinking of dive for cover, which lets you make extra reflex saves, but doesn't allow teleportation

Hydrattler
2017-02-27, 07:00 PM
Not entirely sure if it was what you're were thinking of, but in races of the dragon Kobold Rogue 8 gives almost that exact ability.

Thurbane
2017-02-27, 07:00 PM
Feat wise, closest I can think of is Cunning Evasion (PHB2, p.78). Requires the Evasion class (or race) feature.

The Viscount
2017-02-27, 07:03 PM
Not entirely sure if it was what you're were thinking of, but in races of the dragon Kobold Rogue 8 gives almost that exact ability.

For reference that ability is found here. (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060106a&page=3)

gawwy
2017-02-27, 07:53 PM

For reference that ability is found here. (http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/ex/20060106a&page=3)

Thank you, turns out this is what i was thinking of :)

Thurbane
2017-02-27, 09:47 PM

Evasive Skitter (Ex): A kobold rogue who takes the 8th-level racial substitution level gains the ability to move out of the area of dangerous spells and effects. A kobold rogue who succeeds on a Reflex save against a spell or effect gains the normal benefit for the successful save, and she can choose to move out of the area of the spell or effect. She must take the shortest path available to her, and she can't move farther than her speed. If more than one path of equal distance is available, she can choose which path to use. If no such path is available, the kobold rogue can't use this ability. This movement provokes attacks of opportunity as normal for movement.

Example: A kobold rogue with a speed of 30 feet is within the area of a fireball spell. She successfully saves against the spell, so she takes no damage from the blast and can move out of the spell's area by the shortest route available.

This substitution feature replaces the standard 8th-level rogue's improved uncanny dodge class feature.
I was completely unaware of this ACF. Nice. :smallsmile: