PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Feats like Shield Mate and Constant Guardian and other tank support stuff

key777
2017-02-27, 06:41 PM
Hi folks, I recently started playing a Warforged Fighter with extreme emphasis on party support. Damage output doesn't matter to me as long as I can aid the front line. So far I have a tower shield and the feats Shield Mate, Constant Guardian, and distracting strike. Does anyone know of any other feats that fit the bill for this type of character. (Tower shield is mandatory for role playing purposes)

OldTrees1
2017-02-27, 06:50 PM
Have you considered the Devoted Defender prestige class from Sword and Fist? Its first 3 levels grant some of the strongest tanking protections for a single charge.

Thurbane
2017-02-27, 10:02 PM
There are some maneuvers and stances from ToB you can pick up using Fighter bonus feats that will help.

The Tactical Soldier PrC (Miniature Handbook) is also not terrible at this kind of thing, at least for a dip.

daremetoidareyo
2017-02-27, 10:53 PM
1.) draconic aura feat: vigor for fast healing 1?

2.) Consider a riverine towershield. Some of that AC bonus will be a deflection bonus.

3.) PHB2's (p.162) Wall of steel and Team shield maneuver teamwork benefits. Read them. Be them.

Metahuman1
2017-02-27, 11:46 PM
If you can get reach, decent dex mod, and combat reflexes, improved trip and stand still as feats, you can spend a lot of time making attacks that leave enemy prone and unable to stand up.

This will make other melee types in your party happy. It's also good for keeping enemy melee off the casters.

Fizban
2017-02-28, 01:07 AM
Combat Expertise+ Allied Expertise from Shining South, and the Dutiful Guardian feat once you qualify.

Dagroth
2017-02-28, 01:21 AM
Get a level or two of Crusader for things like the Iron Guard's Glare stance & maneuvers like Leading the Attack. Your party will love you for it.